Doom 4 now just Doom teaser trailer

sounds great... doom needs to be super violent, not in a comical way but dark, gruesome, horrorful... I can't wait to play it, but of course will reserve money until I try it or solid reviews come out.

Not even slightly interested in this until I see that they have cured their pop in issues.

Not even slightly interested in this until I see that they have cured their pop in issues.

It's on ID Tech 6 now, supposedly a improved version of Tech 5 (Rage/Wolf). We shall see. Sounds like they may have done things right by scrapping the original one and re doing it. Bring it on... but bring on Quake 5 more!

Everyone who was at Quakecon to see this demo seems to be impressed. I am not budging though, I have no fuel for hype these days unless I get to see something for myself. I'll patiently wait until then.

Everyone who was at Quakecon to see this demo seems to be impressed. I am not budging though, I have no fuel for hype these days unless I get to see something for myself. I'll patiently wait until then.

Yeah, the devil is always in the details. They could show us the most mind-blowing trailers of all time but still ruin it with locked FOV, capped FPS, mouse smoothing, or anything else the devs could inexplicably ship the game with.

I'd love for a return to the glory days of Doom and Unreal Tournament but until someone actually delivers such a game I'll be (rightfully) skeptical.

I have far, FAR more confidence in the future of Unreal Tournament than any of id's fra-- excuse me, Zenimax's franchises.

still waiting for the quake con presentation to get leaked online...its just a matter of time

Crytek’s Lead R&D Graphics Engineer Moves To id Software, Will Work On New Doom

This begs the question just how far along is the new Doom? Or just how modular is idTech 6?

This was to be expected as Carmack took most important tech talent with him to Oculus.

As for you putting more faith in the new UT, you're wrong, dude. It's just 5 guys working on something extremely basic. My money is on the new Doom being the next big duel game. After 15 years of Quake 3 / Live, I just want something new. Did you see latest Epic game? yeah... you might as well go to church.

This was to be expected as Carmack took most important tech talent with him to Oculus.

As for you putting more faith in the new UT, you're wrong, dude. It's just 5 guys working on something extremely basic. My money is on the new Doom being the next big duel game. After 15 years of Quake 3 / Live, I just want something new. Did you see latest Epic game? yeah... you might as well go to church.

Doom is not an arena shooter.

And where I put my faith is neither wrong nor right, and is especially not dictated to me by someone like you, "dude".

You had to drop in "arena" in there to make your vague point. Got it. Proceed with your id hate. Like I said, grumpy "old" people.

Really find it stupid only privileged people could see this game I thought Doom was a equal opportunity franchise. I'll look for some ones footage on youtube someone must have a cellphone.

Really find it stupid only privileged people could see this game I thought Doom was a equal opportunity franchise. I'll look for some ones footage on youtube someone must have a cellphone.
Carmack wasn't there to do his keynote, even though he offered (the Oculus/Zenimax lawsuit put the kibosh on that). They had to have something to reel people in with.

They probably have a contract with a magazine or something so they can't show any footage until an article is published or some shit. Wait it out, magazines publish monthly, so maybe in a week and a half we'll have our footage.

They probably have a contract with a magazine or something so they can't show any footage until an article is published or some shit. Wait it out, magazines publish monthly, so maybe in a week and a half we'll have our footage.

Pete Hines said there won't be any more coverage of Doom till 2015, what they showed at Quake Con was to exclusively show their attendees that the game was not dead.

Yep, when I first tried out Brutal Doom I thought to myself: this is exactly what Doom 4 should be like, but on a modern engine. Fast, loud, and bloody ultra-violence.

I'm quite glad to hear they are taking such an approach to the new Doom.

Doom was also about dealing with an atmosphere that was at many times eerily lonely. 24/7 death metal is all well and good but they are going to have to break it up and pace it with quiet ominous moments.

Doom was also about dealing with an atmosphere that was at many times eerily lonely. 24/7 death metal is all well and good but they are going to have to break it up and pace it with quiet ominous moments.

The track for E1M3 was one of my favorites. So simple, yet creepy

Yeah, the devil is always in the details. They could show us the most mind-blowing trailers of all time but still ruin it with locked FOV, capped FPS, mouse smoothing, or anything else the devs could inexplicably ship the game with.

I'd love for a return to the glory days of Doom and Unreal Tournament but until someone actually delivers such a game I'll be (rightfully) skeptical.

Speaking of Unreal Tournament, I just downloaded the original UT and there are still a BUNCH of people playing online. Was fun as hell playing that again.

Also, I really wish ID would just release the footage they showed at Quakecon already. As a fan, I think they should show us what they got since most of their fanbase is online (and on computers probably) and couldn't go to Quakecon.

Back