Doom 3 Surround on Abit nf7-s crackles

Owskie

Limp Gawd
Doom 3 Surround on Abit nf7-s on board sound.. (updated to the latest drivers) crackles
after a little while of playing and i have to restart.. then it will do it again..! piss!

mine did that today. but i have an asus a7n8x-deluxe. so the problem is most likely with the nforce chipset. I am using SoundStorm via SPDIF-out.

I can confirm that this happens on my 8RDA+ too (using the nForce MCP-T audio). It's a bummer for sure...

I'm not using the latest drivers only the 3.13 ones. But i also experience crackling in certain games before, but most are fixed with these 3.13 drivers and by adding a heatsink onto my SB.

From what i read, people suggest sticking a small heat sink or heatsink/fan onto the southbridge. This will help reduce heat from the SB and probably will fix the crackling sound. If you noticed that after a while of using your sound, especially in games you can feel that the SB is hot to touch.

Anyway you guys could try to see if the SB cooling will fix your sound problems. If you guys did already then are suggestions/faq at nforcershq.com about this problem that might help.

just to throw in my 2 bits.. I get the same crackle unless I turn off surround sound. But the surround is soo awsome.. I must have it

I had that problem in 3d games, then I threw a heatsink on my southbridge and it fixed it.

would like some more help , i have no money for no , heatsink
me poor

i am very familiar with the nforce core logic and the problems that many have reported with it making cracks and pops in the output. however, i did find something interesting. with my audigy 1 and 875p core logic, i was experiencing a little bit of pops in the output. i have never had this happen and my first curiosity was if it was the hardware. although, it could be, i decided it was not and decided to check the volume. the reasoning behind this was i noticed at certain areas and with only certain weapons. the volume will have a sharp rise and cause a pop. i adjusted the volume levels of the game and the output in windows. now i have no audio pops or cracks what-so-ever. give it a try, maybe it will help.

Same problem here, A7N8X-E Deluxe.

It has also been reported on some audigy cards, as well.

For now, bind a key to s_restart in the console, and hit that whenever the sound dies or starts to crackle badly. I'm assuming a fix will be forthcoming from id.

(Console is Ctrl+Alt+~, and then type bind home s_restart, or whatever key you want to use)

For me, I solved the problem by knocking hardware acceleration back one notch and voila, all now good. D3 stays in surround. No break up/crackles either.
Des.

This is something that has been popping up alot with Doom 3 and the nForce chipset. Many people have been fixing their problem by installing a HSF on the southbridge to cool it down. You could also try turning down the hardware acceleration a bit like the above poster mentioned. If you browse around some of the other tech forums you'll find a good bit more detail.

i did forget about the readme stating this:

C. The sound stutters while playing:

Make sure you have the latest drivers for your sound card. If
stuttering persists try reducing Hardware Acceleration: Click on Start,
then Run. Type "dxdiag" and hit enter. This brings up the "DirectX(r)
Diagnostic Tool". Click on the Sound tab and try reducing the "Hardware
Sound Acceleration Level" slider.

curious though, mine is volume related, not hardware. anyone tried what i suggested?

Back