DOOM 3...R.I.P....HL 2...is alive and well

>WP< $lipKnot said:
IMO the Hitman series is way more immersive and challenging than either doom3 or half life 2. especially if you play it on harder settings and try to do the missions and achieve a silent assassin rating. Lord knows that the story line is much better than Doom3 or HL2.

i dont agree that its better per say, but i love the hitman series as well.. i dont know why everyone didnt like contracts, i thought it was hella fun

Maybe not your exact words, but that type of outlook and critism can be made to every game. And to quote you, "Eh mr scientist there, we gotta headcrab problem."

I think that's an entirely false statement considering the diversity of the characters in HL2, the diversity of the environments, diversity of play style and choices, the amount of puzzles, and in fact if headcrabs are what you'd choose to mention as the main enemy I'd think you were referring to the original considering they play a much smaller role than the Combine(who certainly are not as dumb as doom3's terrible AI).

And yeah you can be obtuse and apply that to other things but it doesn't work on the same level. Doom3 is entirely one dimensional, at least in the HL series you have objectives that vary and you aren't trudging through the same 3 rooms over and over.

Ricko said:
HL 2...has blown away all the competition...period. This game....has everything. Sure...there are some complaints...try to keep everyone happy. The game is not long enough and it is simply addicting! Doom 3....rest in peace. What a dark and negative game that was...all this stupid satanic symbolism. It was simply way overdone to make up for a light wieght story line. Half life 2 is the thinkers game. It simply has it all. Like I said...Period.
Wow... and to think just a few months ago you were starting threads like this:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=800263
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=800257
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=800009

I enjoyed both Doom3 and HL2 for very different reasons.

Both engines do amazing jobs in terms of the graphics and gameplay. The different storylines and objectives keep me going back for more on both.

Though both games are of the same "genre" (FPS) the approaches, weapons and effects vary greatly making both enjoyable.

lithium726 said:
i dont agree that its better per say, but i love the hitman series as well.. i dont know why everyone didnt like contracts, i thought it was hella fun

The killing of the Meat King on the second map was awesome. Also when you take his lawyer an opium pipe and after he gets stoned and passes out you off him with his own gun you lift off of him. That was awesome. I have went through every Hitman game about 4 times.

IxGOxSOLO said:
I am am playing it now and so far all it owns is my money that I paid for it. Still pretty fun though. It is different than Doom 3, pretty much equally fun, just doesn't seem as intense as Doom 3, I don't feel myself getting as immersed. Still cool though. Still waiting for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to come along own both.
Never heard of that game, therfore for me it wont own anything.

The Titan said:

You do know that the internet is free [kinda] to use. Google isn't Satan just because it tried to posses your desktop.

WSlyce said:
I enjoyed... both of the... games very much. The graphics... on... both are very impressive. The only thing.... I didn't like... about Doom3 was that.... it was scary as hell... at least to me. Others might.... think of that....as a plus though. Also Doom3 was repetitive in terms of the gimps spawning... everywhere.... all the time.... but otherwise... a good game.... as is.... Half....Life... 2.

Jesus tapdancing christ, someone on the [H]ard forums understands the concept of parody? Incredible!

Doom 3 was pretty good, but doesn't have any replay value. At least with HL2 there are enough extra tidbits to warrant a replay. On my next replay, once I get the grav gun I will be using that almost exclusively to get through the game.

>WP< $lipKnot said:
The killing of the Meat King on the second map was awesome. Also when you take his lawyer an opium pipe and after he gets stoned and passes out you off him with his own gun you lift off of him. That was awesome. I have went through every Hitman game about 4 times.

ditto :cool: i thought the fourth map was the best one, i cant rememebr hte name of it but it was hte one where you started out by a river, entered the courtyard, blah blah, had to poison that guy... god that one was fun! my buddy and i were playing at the same time right next to eachother, adnwe must have done it like 20 different ways in the end... what a great game...

Jesus tapdancing christ, someone on the [H]ard forums understands the concept of parody? Incredible!

how exactly is his post a parody? to me it looks like every other thread taht has been started since HL2 has been released

WuTangClam said:

lithium726 said:
and they all say the same thing! WOW!

i sure do like how he was doom's choir boy and how he calls it "stupid satanic old news"

edit: nice find man :cool:

The whats cool today and not cool tomorrow because the popular kid in school has deemed it so sheep attitude is hilarious hehee lol. :p

I'de say WuTangClam gets da props for pure Ownage upon another poster award. :D

lithium726 said:
how exactly is his post a parody? to me it looks like every other thread taht has been started since HL2 has been released

Look at the topic title. See the ...s. Now look at his post. See the ...s. Get the parody now?

so_cal_forever said:
What happens when Butcher Bay comes out for PC and owns them both? :p

I cannot wait for that game. I am going to buy it and not open it until I upgrade my Bfg6800Gt to a Evga 6800Ultra.

The XBOX version rocked.

The only thing that Half Life 2 had over Doom3 was a hot chick. Alyx is hot.

But imagine getting your freak on with the first boss in Doom3 the Spiderwoman. She had perky guns.

LMFAO

>WP< $lipKnot said:
The only thing that Half Life 2 had over Doom3 was a hot chick. Alyx is hot.

But imagine getting your freak on with the first boss in Doom3 the Spiderwoman. She had perky guns.

LMFAO
Yeah, and eyes and a mouth for an ass.

The Titan said:

Never heard of it eh? Look it up. It looks very promising.

Anyway, I'm finally getting a little time to play Half-Life 2 some more, in between 6 days a week of work and a day where I was at work for about 20 hours(only got paid for 16-17, damn mandatory breaks!), I finally made it to Ravenholm. Pretty cool so far, but still not immersed in it yet. I pretty much just find myself walking through the levels shooting killing and saying to myself, "Oh, that's cool" and then moving on. Pretty fun, just doesn't live up to the hype. That isn't necessarily a bad thing though :)

Back