Doom 3 is upon us.....

Oh I want it. Even though it will run like crap on my XP2000+ 768MB, Ti4200(card is dying) system, I still want it. I also hope they have a DVD version too, and they better not get skimpy on production like the special edition ut2004.

From one of the points in the ad in that second link:

"3 week TV campaign supporting XBOX launch and re-promote the PC"

Re-promote the PC? Is it me, or does that seem to imply that the PC version is coming out later than the Xbox one?

finalgt said:
From one of the points in the ad in that second link:

"3 week TV campaign supporting XBOX launch and re-promote the PC"

Re-promote the PC? Is it me, or does that seem to imply that the PC version is coming out later than the Xbox one?

No, sooner. In other words, pc launch, then some time, then the xbox version launch, then another campaign to rekindle interest in the PC version, to get a second wave of people to buy it.

would it run at a decent fps on a gefroce 4 mx 460 go ?? any idea??

wazzup said:
would it run at a decent fps on a gefroce 4 mx 460 go ?? any idea??

Hmmm, here are my two cents on it. I (almost) feel bad about this, but I downloaded the leaked Doom3 ATI demo from E3, and it ran horribly on my GeForce 5200FX (which isn't a great card at all), but on my Radeon 9800 Pro it runs very very well at 1280x1024 with all the details up :).

And that's an un-optimized version. I'm sure the real version will run much better. I still don't think it'll work well at all on a MX460. :(

ThisMonsterLives said:
it's fake turns out. planet doom is a bunch of douche bags.

I kinda figured as much, since the other pictures in teh gallery are humorous photoshops of various Doom III stuff.

CatsGoMoo said:
I kinda figured as much, since the other pictures in teh gallery are humorous photoshops of various Doom III stuff.

I was going to make a Joke about it being a photochop, but I decided against it. Turns out I would have been right. Doh! I still want it though.:p

That was really stupid of them to put up a fake like that as a PotD. All it seems to have done is get everybody excited, and then pissed everybody off. Though, I have to admit, it's a pretty impressive looking fake. I'd almost say that it was too much effort on the artist's part. I'll be interested to see what the rest of the fallout will be.
Heh...

ThisMonsterLives said:
it's fake turns out. planet doom is a bunch of douche bags.

No, planet doom never said it was real, hence why it was in their FAN ART section.

the other sites that started reporting and making up shit should be the ones you get pissed at.

Im starting to think that game picture is real....the flyer as far as we know is real...and you can see the box art assuming this is what it will really look like and this is the same art on the fake one, exactly the same. So you would have to be one damn good, really damn good photoshopp pro to be able to bust out a picture that quick after seeing the flyer. I think its going to make the August 3rd date and this is just to hype it up.

the problem is, the sources aren't very credible. i mean, if that desktop pic is fake, then why dont they come out and say it on their front page. obviously someone went through a lot of time and effort to do such a hoax, and doomworld didn't expect such a response? really... you put something like that up without telling anyone then you're gonna have a problem. they're arguement is they didn't say it was real... but they didn't say it was fake either.

some people like cucumbers better pickled.

as for the flyer, i have no reason to believe its fake. just something givin to retailers.

If you read the planetdoom forum the editor who posted it admited that it was fake, and another editor at planetdoom made the pic by making CD labels and sticking them on discs, and the DVD label was taken from the amazon.com box art.

and it can also be done completely in photoshop if you have skills

hl2cds.jpg

expect to see Duke Nukem Forever and STALKER chops soon :p

I actually enjoyed that picture :), 6 cds and no dvd version=makes me wanna cry :(, oh well so long as I don't need the cd in the drive to play I'm happy. :Having to have the cdrom in the drive is the second most annoying copyprotection scheme I've seen(next to installing a trojan on your comp.)

Back