Doom 3 Co-Op...

damn it! I wish they would stop nixing coop play for PC games. This is getting really annoying.

Yeah...that sucks... When I heard rumors about doom3 having co-op I was very excited...

I guess all the more reason to not listen to rumors and judge stuff when it actually hits shelves...

One more reason why I hate X-Box. I haven't bought an X-Box yet, and I never plan to. X-Box you are the devil. :mad:

Well I think someone will make a coop mod probably anyways. They did that with AVP2 only problem was that the servers were very hard to find.

Oh well, the X-box version is going to have less detailed models anyways (yes its a fact, I got proof). SO the PC version is going to look so much better.

Originally posted by Baker
One more reason why I hate X-Box. I haven't bought an X-Box yet, and I never plan to. X-Box you are the devil. :mad:

and john carmack made a pact with the devil it seems

Yea, I gotta agree with you guys here. This is pretty lame. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

I personally will not buy doom 3 until there is a co-op mode / mod available. Serious sam showed just how awsome co-op can be and i won't play through a game like this without it.

This is the 1st I've heard of Doom3 on xbox. WTF is with that. I just thought it was rumor a couple months back.

I am getting sick of xbox owners getting all these exclusive titles / modes of play. I think thats insane.

Hopefully somebody can mod it for coop just like half-life

I read the article, it says that Xbox will have co-op. Where did it say that PC wouldn't?

Wow, so this shit is true?

Well, looks like MS found a way to sell their console.

How hard is it to make co op for the pc. Comon id, it can't be a performance issue or anything since the XBOX can do it. I would highly doubt that most people with XBOXs who buy DOOM ]|[ are going to use co op anyway, at least not as much as people with PCs would use the feature. I am getting tired of the PC version of games getting the shaft, espeacially ones that should be PC exclusive.

Which do you guys think will sell more PC Doom or Xbox Doom? I am not sure.

That doesnt mean that PC wont have co-op. If iD owns Doom3, it probably also owns any changes made to Doom3 from third-party devs. There is still hope!

The exact quote:
"We’re even including new features like co-op play, which require a tremendous amount of creativity and planning from everyone at VV and id."

It isnt being sold as an x-box exclusive feature. If it required 'planning from id', then id will probably use it in its PC baby.

The x-box will probably far outsell the PC version though, consoles tend to do that.

Originally posted by Ritorix
That doesnt mean that PC wont have co-op. If iD owns Doom3, it probably also owns any changes made to Doom3 from third-party devs. There is still hope!

The exact quote:
"We’re even including new features like co-op play, which require a tremendous amount of creativity and planning from everyone at VV and id."

It isnt being sold as an x-box exclusive feature. If it required 'planning from id', then id will probably use it in its PC baby.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

[H]ardOCP
The good news is that DOOM 3 will have co-op mode!! The bad news is that co-op mode is only available on the Xbox version of the game according to this interview with the people handling the Xbox version. Bummer for us PC folks. Spotted this at Tech Report.

Originally posted by Just Sam
No Co-op is the difference between me buying or downloading Doom III.

That is a complete and total bullshit rationalization. The game is good enough for you to steal, but not good enough to pay for? Get off your fucking thieving ass high horse.

You would have used any excuse in the book to rationalize your downloading. You found your excuse, and now you are looking for justification. Go elsewhere for that.

The hardOCP front page jumped the gun on that one, the tech report article doesnt specifically say that.

(er, I meant the original interview. tech report was just repeating it in their own words)

http://www.techreport.com/
GamePro has an interview with Vicarious Visions, the company responsible for porting Doom 3 to the Xbox, which reveals that cooperative play will be included in the Xbox version of id's much anticipated shooter. Co-op is being touted as a new feature for the console port, which effectively torpedoes any hopes that the PC version of the game will support cooperative play.

I'm not saying your wrong, just pointing out that two sources have said this.

Thats how internet news sites work. Everyone draws conclusions from one little bit of fact that leaks out. Multiple news sites make a whole story out of the sentence "x-box doom3 has co-op". When a site like [h] or techreport comments on the fact, they usually add their own baggage.

Unless Carmack comes out and says "PC Doom3 doesnt have co-op", its not worth believing.

This is like the umpteenth thread about D3 co-op for the PC. :rolleyes:

At one point it was also said that D3 wouldn't have multiplayer.

How about you people quit getting your panties in a bunch and wait for the game to come out?

*Looks at sig* ...is this pen compatible with this paper?

Originally posted by Harkamus
This is like the umpteenth thread about D3 co-op for the PC. :rolleyes:

At one point it was also said that D3 wouldn't have multiplayer.

How about you people quit getting your panties in a bunch and wait for the game to come out?

*Looks at sig* ...is this pen compatible with this paper?

HardOCP posted a link. I started a topic about it. You dont have to be a dick...

Besides, if we complain now, its more likely to make it into the real version. I would bet Carmack uses the intarweb too.

Didn't mean to come out like an ass. My mistake if that is how it sounded.

I just think we shouldn't worry that much over something that is only vapor ware ATM.

Originally posted by Harkamus
Didn't mean to come out like an ass. My mistake if that is how it sounded.

I just think we shouldn't worry that much over something that is only vapor ware ATM.

Yeah you're probably right. I dont have the search function so I didnt know there was multiple threads about this, I dont spend much time in here. I can see why you would get upset.

Carmack is all about giving PCs the best there is...hopefully we will find out soon if there will be a Doom III PC co-op. In the mean time, I'm gonna have a burger- bye!

Id said that they will not be putting coop in the game, if it is in the xbox version then it is done by the porting company not id, also a coop mod would be reletively simple to do for the pc version and it could blow away console coop by the simple fact that the game would be more atmospheric with the better graphics. Plus as Id has continued to develop the game perhaps they had time to put co-op in. (they said it was left out mostly from a time to implement, playtest, and tweak standpoint, pretty much the same reason that the only mp mode is dm and the max player count is 4, not enough time to implement more and still do a good job on the rest of the game)

Originally posted by Just Sam
No Co-op is the difference between me buying or downloading Doom III.

YOU'RE RIGHT

Originally posted by DocFaustus
That is a complete and total bullshit rationalization. The game is good enough for you to steal, but not good enough to pay for? Get off your fucking thieving ass high horse.

You would have used any excuse in the book to rationalize your downloading. You found your excuse, and now you are looking for justification. Go elsewhere for that.

YOU'RE WRONG

nuff said

Even if that was a legitimate rationalization, I fail to see why you'd be so stupid as to mention it in a forum that bans people on the basis of discussion for things of that nature.

Yes. You can operate Kazaa to a minimal extent. We are all proud of you.

Now shut up.

dispite reading that...

im gonna have 'faith' that the pc version will have it..

Originally posted by ne0-reloaded
YOU'RE RIGHT

YOU'RE WRONG

nuff said

Wow, with your amazing debating skills I see I have been bested. Oh wait, maybe I haven't. Why don't you tell me why it is okay to illegally download a game because it is missing a feature?

I might agree with that mentality if the situation was changed to them charging for the original game without co-op, and then 2 months later, coming out with an upgrade that gave co-op and they tried to charge you again. But if you are going to play then be prepared to pay.

I find it hard to believe that Carmack would screw the PC people. I really don't see him jipping the hardware that Doom was started on.

This is a roots game... I doubt he is gonna screw the roots.

But yes I hate X-Box also.

i think carmack wanted to keep true to his PC gamers and not screw them over, but he was then offered a large amount of money from ms, yet he refused to keep coop xbox exclusive. so then MS used another means to get through to him

thedeal.jpg

Back