Don't Use Your iPad As A Camera

Fucking iPads. I never understand why people use them as camera's. Bulkier than a DSLR, worse image quality than a DSLR, and in some cases, equal in price or more expensive than a DSLR.

Because, of course, they purchased an iPad exclusively for taking photos... :D:D:D

I think people are missing the point, sure SLR are great, most normal people dont have their giant SLR around their neck for "when the moment strikes" so they make due with that they have, even with the super small p+s cameras odds are good you have a camera phone on you and not the small p+s, and honestly most moderns camera phones are almost as good as p+s for most needs

given the guys age the ipad is a hell of alot easier to use as a view finder then a little phone, granted I have no idea why apple didnt use the better camera found in the iphone 5 in the new ipads, that was stupid

have to admit the build quality on the ipad is good, wonder if it has a dent or anything

He deserved that just for recording in portrait mode.

THIS

God, I hate portrait-mode recordings... Unless you are recording something that specifically benefits from being recorded in portrait mode, use Landscape...

He also seemed to be recording with the iPad upside-down - the camera at the bottom instead of the top. You can see on his screen that the railing in front of him wanders into the picture often, yet if the camera were at the top, it shouldn't. (The iPad does keep the video right-side-up for whatever orientation you have it, so it wasn't recording upside-down.)

I use my iPad as a camera and video recorder - even in public. I don't really understand why so many people have problems with it. If it isn't blocking somebody's view of something - what's the big deal?

Your not supposed to take a picture of the Joconde anyway. Its a rule you see before entering the Joconde room. Mostly all asian ignore this thinking no one will tell them. But seems like the security knows alll the language possible for ''no camera allowed''

:D

Meh. If that's all he had, why not. Maybe he got it because it's an all in one device. Doesn't need or can't justify the cost of a standalone camera when he uses it twice a year. iPad, he can read his books, watch videos, check email..... Some people don't need or want multiple devices. I bet $50 he's perfectly happy with the image quality, too.

There are 10000x more options available out there, but that was the most convenient for him.

I can say that I've used my phone as a camera/video camera before. If that's all that's available, it works. I've also used my iPad a couple times. It's not my go-to device, but if it's right there and I need it, I use it. It has a camera, why not use it? It's not the best quality, of course, but sometimes you just don't care. If I wanted top quality, I'd buy and bring a DSLR. But, when traveling on business, I'm not going to take a couple phones, iPad, laptop, DSLR... I just take the most convenient.

Geeks.... A different device for everything.

what's the big deal?

Don't worry, the folks here who are annoyed by this and especially those doing the name calling probably have some personal issues of their own, and because they can't find a healthy way to deal with it they choose, perhaps subconsciously, to direct their frustration towards others in an attempt to feel better about themselves. Or maybe they are just joking, in which case just try not to take it personally.

That was no iPad. That was an iShield. ;)

Patent Pending

Apple is sending lawyers to your door unless you immediattely cease and decist using the Apple patented product name 'iShield' and remove all public postings, references, or even speaking the formentioned name.

Have a nice day and buy more Apple stuff !

it protected his face, and continued to work. this video shows no reasons to not use an ipad for a camera.

the best camera is the one you have with you.

i use my ipad in classes, to take notes by photographing.

There are also people who do it to take advantage of the additional vertical field of view, especially when taking videos of people in small spaces... horizontal might not be able to capture as much.

funny video though... I'd LOVE if george lucas released star wars again... lol, I just love seeing people get pissed off like that... I mean, does it really affect you that much? lol...

Damn right. Vertical videos piss me off so bad. Only morons film like that.

Back