Don't Steal Venomous Snakes For Your YouTube Channel

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Adding to the list of really obvious things that you shouldn't do, Brandon Joseph Boyles, better known on YouTube as "VenomMan20", has been arrested. VenomMan is charged with 13 counts of illegal possession of venomous snakes, nine counts of animal cruelty and one count of reckless endangerment. Investigators say then when Boykes left his job at the Catoctin Zoo and Wildlife Preserve in September ,he took with him five venomous snakes, three alligators, and a crocodile.

Is the internet making people dumber, or is it just making it easier to see dumb people? I'm gonna guess a little of both.

Officers found snakes housed in plastic bins that could have allowed them to escape into the apartment building. The snakes did not have fresh water in their enclosures and one plastic tub was filthy. They also found two dead cobras in a freezer.

Viperkeeper should lay a sassy smack down on this fool. (If anyone hasn't seen that channel on youtube its amazingly hilarious)

Get these MFing snakes out this MFing building........

You think he would've known they might do an audit if they notice some of the assets might be missing......

Anyone remember the Crocodile Hunter and how he died young? (Yeah it was a stingray not a snake, but his FedEx ad was about being bitten by a poisonous snake and, well, you live like that it's not really too surprising if you die like that...I'd rather be alive, poor and a nobody...oh wait).

Last edited:
They just now figured out it was him? Or more to the point the zoo he worked at didnt report these animals as missing around the same time he was fired

Idiots who get bitten by venomous critters, or torn apart by apex predators, while screwing around with them, should never get medical treatment. I don't care if they have insurance or not.

I was expecting this story to go differently, like the idiot getting poisoned/paralyzed while swallowed whole and later shat out.

You'd think a zoo would hit a big panic button about the time they noticed (I'm assuming based on the charges) 13 venomous snakes weren't where they were supposed to be. Apparently they just figured the snakes would turn up at some point? I'm hoping they pay enough attention to have noticed a shitload of venomous snakes were missing without prompting from investigators.

It's definitely the latter, it's easier to see stupid people.
You can't blame the internet for being dumb. There is a lot of knowledge on the internet as well.

You'd think a zoo would hit a big panic button about the time they noticed (I'm assuming based on the charges) 13 venomous snakes weren't where they were supposed to be. Apparently they just figured the snakes would turn up at some point? I'm hoping they pay enough attention to have noticed a shitload of venomous snakes were missing without prompting from investigators.

Snakes are notorious for hiding/escaping. Going looking for them is how you get bitten so I'd expect the normal procedure is to wait for them to get hungry and come out of wherever they are. They're pretty calorie efficient so it takes a while.

Snakes are notorious for hiding/escaping. Going looking for them is how you get bitten so I'd expect the normal procedure is to wait for them to get hungry and come out of wherever they are. They're pretty calorie efficient so it takes a while.
13? You'd think they'd at least keep the public out of the area and let anyone nearby know to keep an eye out. I've never seen a rattlesnake here, a bit high, but with a warming climate and shorter winters you never know, so I try to at least take care, look where I'm putting my hands etc. When we had a ranch I used to relocate the rattlers away from the house and stables, a (very) long pole did the trick (you don't want to kill 'em too useful keeping the rodents in check).

13? You'd think they'd at least keep the public out of the area and let anyone nearby know to keep an eye out. I've never seen a rattlesnake here, a bit high, but with a warming climate and shorter winters you never know, so I try to at least take care, look where I'm putting my hands etc. When we had a ranch I used to relocate the rattlers away from the house and stables, a (very) long pole did the trick (you don't want to kill 'em too useful keeping the rodents in check).

I have a pet snake and she's good for eight weeks without food (semi-hibernated, but still) and the only way to get her out of hiding besides waiting is heating up a pillow case and hoping she's sleepy.

I have a pet snake and she's good for eight weeks without food (semi-hibernated, but still) and the only way to get her out of hiding besides waiting is heating up a pillow case and hoping she's sleepy.
My brother had a garter snake when we were kids. It lived in a bucket. When we all left the house it would leave and go hunting when we came home we'd see it zooming up the stairs and into its bucket.
But you can't guarantee what an escaped snake, especially a venomous one, might do. Precautions would be sensible, better safe than sorry.

Back