Don't overlook those Ryzen 5 1400

crazycrave

[H]ard|Gawd
I decided to take my 1400 back to 3.9Ghz @ 1.388v to see what it offers after some chipset updates as my old Xeon X5660 oc to hell pulled 14.xxx physics score to give you an idea how much punch the quad core has now as for $139 cpu on 2400mhz ram. Now i have to get this Hawaii to overclock with something?

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/26202877?

What's the deal crabby Mike?

Need there be one? I read your OP 4 times in a row before giving up, couldn't understand what it was you were trying to say, given the absurdity of the comparison and the way of expressing yourself. Which made me smile, which made me joke about it, that's all :)

I was trying to show that some of the older hardware we left be hide may have never reached it's full mature state as the platforms then was not fast enough as Hawaii reacts well to Ryzen as to scale up more.

stock voltage 1059/1410 =
Graphics Score
14 235
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/26203841?

Maybe some will find it interesting of the 290x chip still is.

Reactions: Aenra
like this
Need there be one? I read your OP 4 times in a row before giving up, couldn't understand what it was you were trying to say, given the absurdity of the comparison and the way of expressing yourself. Which made me smile, which made me joke about it, that's all :)

I think what he is trying to say is that a 10 year old chip is slower than a brand new one despite having more cores. Surprise!

Yeah, i think i've got it now, lol..
I do have an odd sense of humor, so in retrospect, i should have perhaps refrained. No offense was meant :)

Yeah, i think i've got it now, lol..
I do have an odd sense of humor, so in retrospect, i should have perhaps refrained. No offense was meant :)
:cautious: *mumbles* But you weren't wrong, the first post was a grammatical holocaust, and so your reply got a chuckle out of me :oops: lol
My internal meme is something to the effect of "Is a Spam-Bot? Or a legitimate post by someone simply unfamiliar with how grammar works...."

However, ontopic... Maybe this will help take some of the wind out of the sales on absurd Intel chip re-sale prices? I highly doubt it will, but it's always fun to wish! :p

Food for thought: Imagine how much of a game changer Ryzen would've further been, had it came with a DDR3 IMC? Don't get me wrong, trying to squeeze even more life out of DDR3 wouldn't have done any of us any favors (then again... with current prices...), but all the people who coud've re-used their RAM would'e no doubt caused even more people to jump-ship and get a Ryzen!

Just picked one up for a system I'm building for a cousin. $170 with a ASUS Prime B350-Plus mATX motherboard from MicroCenter ($119.99 for the 1400, $79.99 - $30 = $49.99 for the motherboard). Going to pick up an upgraded heatsink for him as well and see how far I can push it in his mATX case with minimal cooling, lol. Should be good for a few hundred MHz I hope!

1400 is a really great value on the used market too, have seen them as low as $80 but usually around the $100 mark.

You guys are so lucky to have a MicroCenter around you to find deals like that. I have a free 2200g and Gigabyte 370x board to play now and will be pairing it with my 280 is the plan but crap as newegg has 1500X at $139.

Also to others I don't care, you can offend my grammar all you want if the outcome is making you a better person in life.

Last edited:
Back