Don't Make 'em Like they Used To: Display Audio?

cthulhuiscool

2[H]4U
So I've tried running through 3 different monitors recently. An ultrawide monoprice brand, and 4k Asus and a 4k Benq. Problem with all of them is the audio out is really quiet. I have audio source maxed, set volume at max in the monitor settings and run them to my speakers and it is super quiet. Like even with my speakers maxed its only passing levels of audible. Meanwhile my current montior (a 1440p 144hz monoprice brand frome a couple years ago) works perfectly fine. Any ideas what gives?

Monitor audio outputs are usually meant for headphones only, not for hooking up to speakers.

Monitor audio outs use REALLY weak components; they really can't drive speakers or higher-end headphones properly. They're really meant for $2 headphones more then anything else.

Monitor audio outs use REALLY weak components; they really can't drive speakers or higher-end headphones properly. They're really meant for $2 headphones more then anything else.
Touche, ya I can plug direct for my pc but its consoles that are the sticking point. Is there an inexpensive/effective way to divert the audio?

Touche, ya I can plug direct for my pc but its consoles that are the sticking point. Is there an inexpensive/effective way to divert the audio?

Disable HDMI audio and use your normal audio out on your PC. This is pretty normal.

You can get a sound bar that has multiple inputs. Most will have at least optical and aux, you can use optical for the console, then plug in your PC with standard aux cable.

Or maybe your speakers have optical and you can do this without buying more than a cable.

The easiest way would be to just run the consoles into an AV receiver which is connect to the monitor and speakers.

Back