Don't let this happen to you folks

Boogalou

Weaksauce
So I recently built a new computerr. My wife was complaining about how I always get to have all the fun picking everything that goes into it. So I said fine, you can pick the case. Told her what to look for, what to stay away from. She's a cpa so she's not dumb, figured I was safe.

So the Fed Ex guy comes up to my door the other day carrying a nice big box, looked like a case. On the side of the box is this hideous looking robot monstrosity with the words "Are you ready for battle!" Yup, she ordered us the ugliest case on the market, a Guardian. Good lord! The thing is just awful. I despise it! The Fed Ex guy asked if it was a video game. And no amount of complaining or bribing would get her to change her mind, in fact she loves the damn thing and wants one for work. Says it reminds her of the old Transformers cartoon which apparently she loved.

Moral of the story, wives and computers do not mix. :rolleyes:

Boog

That's the funniest thing I've read in a good long time. Wow. I think your best bet would be to gift that case to her work computer, since she wants one there. Sacrifice yourself for your wife's happiness, if you get my meaning. Might have to buy/build her a computer to go in it, but hey... you do what has to be done sometimes.

I know exactly what my wife would get if given the same chance. We saw quite some time ago (couldn't find a link, sorry), someone that was making furniture grade hardwood cases, with inlay designs and the works. Simply beautiful. She's wanted one ever since. If I ever find the site again, or if I decide to brave it myself, that is what she would want more than anything else.

I think I got the both of you beat..... we just bought a house and my wife wants her PC in the same room next to mine. Why? She doesn't know squat about PCs and she wants me to be on hand for questions (on the order of "where's the power switch?")....... :eek:

Right now I'm looking into putting her PC in another room.... ;)

uzor said:
I know exactly what my wife would get if given the same chance. We saw quite some time ago (couldn't find a link, sorry), someone that was making furniture grade hardwood cases, with inlay designs and the works. Simply beautiful. She's wanted one ever since. If I ever find the site again, or if I decide to brave it myself, that is what she would want more than anything else.

www.swedx.com ?

Othersider said:

No, I've seen them. This was before Swedx was around, and was the computer tower itself. Looks like they only do accessories. Though if they ever did start doing cases, It'd be something to look into...

all I have to say is .. mwahahahaa

Oh well ... you should've laid down some rules ahead of time .. that's what I did ..

I was like .. no flashy colours

No chrome

No robot designs..

And definitely a removable mobo tray if the case isn't huge

I was hoping LL or Silverstone

I got the Wavemaster .. it's a beautiful case and damm strong too ..

na-na na-na boo boo :p

I'll confess, in a moment of horrid taste, I chose the NZXT Guardian for my rig the first time. Internally, it's an okay case...the tool-less features are fairly nice. There's almost no point in installing a fan in the front intake fan area, since the plastic front lets virtually no air into the case. Externally...well, it speaks for itself, really. I thought it looked cool at first. It took about a week before I no longer agreed, but I was stuck with it for a while. Several of my co-workers at work were beginning to get frustrated at me because I was spending a lot of time looking at Coolermasters and Lian-Lis mulling over whether to plop down the money for one. I did wire up a switch to turn that damn LED eye off though. :rolleyes: I had the silver version, so it wasn't as in-your-face as the other colored versions...

But yeah, I learned my lesson. I now despise such cases...and I am very, very happy with my new Lian-Li.

yah i have a friend i graduated with on the second floor of my dorm that has one and he actually likes it...... i think it looks like garbage....

At least she chose a Guardian which, though not the prettiest case, will not impede on your manhood. My girlfriend keeps asking when will I build a Pink PC. So keep a lookout for Wolfofsin's Sissy Pink Mod!!

haha man your wife is funny lol. i used to watch transformers haha wow those were the times, the coolermasters and the lian-li's look real good now. :D

the guaridan case aint that bad...
i considered one myself about a year back for my secondary computer case...

A $20 bribe to the fedex driver, and a tap dance on top of the box, would've allowed you to return the case without ever taking delivery......which would have given you time to explain to your wife that modders do NOT buy transformer cases for their computers!! :rolleyes:

Of course, this could give you the chance to build your own computer, seperate from the transformer.......using, naturally, newer, better parts AND the case that you want!! :D

I was just over my buddy's house and he's got one. He's happy with it. I personally didn't like it but I couldn't come out and tell him his case sucked so I said ti was cool.

But yeah, I gotta agree, that thing is horrid.

I loved the old Transformers (the cartoon and the toys kicked ass) but that case is a POS.

Nivram said:
Of course, this could give you the chance to build your own computer, seperate from the transformer.......using, naturally, newer, better parts AND the case that you want!! :D

Lol, good idea! Think I'll wait a month or two then tell my wife I'm kindly donating the transformer to her work. I'll just have to swap out the video card when she's not looking ;)

Wait, your wife loves the Transformers! That in and of itself is awesome!

She's more than meets the eye!

Think about it here:
1) You have a wife
2) She likes transformers
3) She likes the Guardian so much, she'll let you get your own case
4) You have a wife that likes transformers!

You dont have it so bad here ;)

*twitch*

MY EYES!!!

*twitch*

When will review sites start to admit that these "gamer" cases are just downright ugly?

lol

my friend, who doesnt have a computer, was at fry's one day and one was on sale for half off. i don't know what he was thinking when he bought it, but hes been trying to get me to buy it ever since and he cant return it because it was on clearence or something. oh man that thing is disgusting

Apallohadas said:
*twitch*

MY EYES!!!

*twitch*

When will review sites start to admit that these "gamer" cases are just downright ugly?

because unfortunately some people like they way they look

Back