Don't know if it was posted already but....295 review!

Hmm...

The article is interesting and compelling though the card doesn't seem that hot. Besides being fugly the guys at hardwarecanucks don't like it very much: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...ia-geforce-gtx-295-video-card-preview-11.html :)
ecstatic.gif

For some reason I'm not that impressed. I expected this card to come and be able to play even crysis at enthusiast with atleast 1680 x 1050. Cmon' nvidia, just make a new card and stop stuffing old cards together.

For some reason I'm not that impressed. I expected this card to come and be able to play even crysis at enthusiast with atleast 1680 x 1050. Cmon' nvidia, just make a new card and stop stuffing old cards together.

You should be forced to live penniless in the Sahara for a few months.

the gtx2xx has only been on the market for 7 months. are you people fucking kidding me. how often do you suppose they should scrap a platform within a year?

can anyone comment on the 48XX series tendency for a low min FPS?

is it due to being 256 bit?

can anyone comment on the 48XX series tendency for a low min FPS?

is it due to being 256 bit?

no, despite 256 bits, their memory bandwidth is the same. the low min fps is most likely due to the stream processor architecture. They have groups of specialized stream processors, while nvidia's are all generic. This means higher potential speed but when highly unoptimized areas or situations come about, the nvidia will have more processing power, and a bunch of ATI's SP's will be unused.

although drivers can and very well may make the rv770's architecture shine one day(and in fact as a programmer/engineer, i respect ati's architecture a lot more than nvidia's), when new stuff comes out, nvidia's minimum fps will probably be better and that what I care more about in games. in addition, i like the possibilities of physx.

i'm curious of the reviews about it will discuss micro-stuttering, assuming if it is still an issue

Back