Don’t Keep Cell Phones Next to Your Body, California Health Department Warns

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
California has issued groundbreaking guidelines advising cell phone users to keep phones away from their bodies and limit use when reception is weak. State officials caution that studies link radiation from long-term cell phone use to an increased risk of brain cancer, lower sperm counts and other health problems, and note that children’s developing brains could be at greater risk.

The state Department of Public Health was forced to release the guidelines in March after a lawsuit by University of California, Berkeley, researcher Dr. Joel Moskowitz. At the time, the department said the guidelines were only a draft, but they now are the state’s official position. The DPH guidelines closely align with EWG’s Guide to Safer Cell Phone Use, published in 2016.

Seems the more product packaging I read the more I like NOT living in California. Makes ya wonder why everyone there isn't dead???

"This product contains substances know to cause cancer in the state of California." Thankful that I'm nice and safe with it in Michigan :)

News flash:

Warnings can be ignored.

These aren't laws that are being passed. Does anyone actually think that scientific research of this type is a bad thing? I'm sure that there were points in time where people thought scientists were ignorant for suggesting that drinking mercury and eating lead was a bad thing, etc. Scientists don't create laws, they just supply research which you can do whatever you want with, including ignore.

Seems the more product packaging I read the more I like NOT living in California. Makes ya wonder why everyone there isn't dead???

"This product contains substances know to cause cancer in the state of California." Thankful that I'm nice and safe with it in Michigan :)

It's actually "This product contains chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer" but I suppose you had to change it to make it work better for your bad joke.

I watched a video on this and they said the sim card can be bad for ya because its always reaching for digital media i seen drug addicts glued to phones you wonder if its the drugs or the phone i gave my android up recently but use a laptop instead.

California also believes you can be born without a penis or vagina.

Nothing credible comes from California and everything can possibly kill us eventually. Such is life.

I realized this after I read your post :p
And if you grew up in a state with a decent education system you could have realized this before you were told it by someone else ;)

That said, I keep my phone in my front pocket, so no worry about brain cancer, and I'm too old to have (want) any more kids so my sperm count dropping is not a big concern of mine.

What we need to help get rid of some of these damn cellphones is to include in the report that continued use will cause boner loss. It would do more affect as most would say, "I can spare a few brain cells, but don't mess with my __________!

So how exactly did they come to this conclusion? The same way the conduct all other tests? Did they stick a rat suspended in a cage with 10,000 cell phones surrounding it and then have calls running continuously on all phones for 2+ years?

You commifornians need to stop taking shit so seriously and lighten up.

Everyone wants to bitch and complain about what the next big cancer causing agent will be......... Well, lets all go back to the stone age then and we don't have to worry about it. Pretty simple really. If you are that worried about your cell phone potentially causing cancer (which I said would be an issue back in the 90s and look, here we are... It is just common sense, no study needed), then don't fucking use one.

90 years of TV signals and 110 years of radio signals are 100.1% safe.

Can't wait for the California hippies carrying around string and aluminum cans
"were saving the environment AND recycling at the same time"

Guess in screwed then, LOL. I carry a personal phone in one pocket and a work phone in the other.

Whatever...

You commifornians need to stop taking shit so seriously and lighten up.

Everyone wants to bitch and complain about what the next big cancer causing agent will be......... Well, lets all go back to the stone age then and we don't have to worry about it. Pretty simple really. If you are that worried about your cell phone potentially causing cancer (which I said would be an issue back in the 90s and look, here we are... It is just common sense, no study needed), then don't fucking use one.

I'd rather put up with the complaints, if this was the stone age I'd be dead already.

I just went down to see relatives at Thanksgiving, one is 88 and apparently everyone she knows is dead, so yeah, everyones dead in CA. Seriously, every street we were on was "Oh, this is where your Uncle died, would you like to drive by the house?" "Your Grandpa died right up that hill, should we go see it? - My Dad is in the car, "Uh NO I do not want to visit where my dad died" "This is where all of the homes burned down, let's ask around and see if anyone here lost a house" "NO"

Old people are funny.

There are way too many assumptions here about California. I want to clarify a few things to you outsiders. A lot of us ignore warnings (see smoking/obesity/drinking/drugs issues) and a lot of the loud mouthed opinions are the opinion of the minority, not the majority. Remember breaking away California from the states? Everyone I talked to laughed that it was stupid, including me. I even mentioned that we were borrowing water from Nevada among other states.

Now, as for this warning, I see children and adult's faces glued to their screens. I highly doubt this warning is going to convince anyone here to change their habits. So this is just another warning ready to be ignored.

I live in California and love all these warnings. Since the whole world is overpopulated, I have no problem with anyone that choose to ignore most of the warnings. If it speeds up the mortality rate, the better.

California should really be its own country anyways. There is really no reason to support all the backward deadbeat states in the rest of the country.

Last edited:
This is just the same stance as the american cancer society, world health organization, IACS, and connecticut.

There are way too many assumptions here about California. I want to clarify a few things to you outsiders. A lot of us ignore warnings (see smoking/obesity/drinking/drugs issues) and a lot of the loud mouthed opinions are the opinion of the minority, not the majority. Remember breaking away California from the states? Everyone I talked to laughed that it was stupid, including me. I even mentioned that we were borrowing water from Nevada among other states.

Now, as for this warning, I see children and adult's faces glued to their screens. I highly doubt this warning is going to convince anyone here to change their habits. So this is just another warning ready to be ignored.

Who knew a state with the population of Canada would have diverse views.

Still better than Florida.

A psychologist is saying what radiation does to the human body? That's like an auto mechanic telling me what is wrong with my my nose. It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

when do we put on the boxes " Smartphones Kill " ?
if this is true, you can't really protect yourself,it's like 2nd hand smoking, since everyone around you have a phone, you are bound to be exposed to the radiation.

News alert! Living in California can cause extremely violent Californication. David Duchovny will break into your home and torture you...by forcing you to watch Californication.

Last edited:
Even Cisco knew this shit and disabled radios on shipping commercial products, so people installing wouldn't get whacked alll day. Warnings about being 50cm away etc.

But because cellphone addicts get so triggered by leaving it in your pocket and being told it could be dangerous, let's just blame California.

This sort of information is not new. Almost a decade old.

I don't have cell coverage at home and when I am out it's either not always on or not in my pocket. They say it's more an issue in poor reception areas, why? Because it sends out much more powerful transmit signals to detect a tower. This is the main issue. You can test this at your home if you're a city fag by putting the phone in a microwave perhaps or other Faraday cage. See how fast it kills battery.. lot of that energy is going into you.

I've had people come over and notice their battery is drained far more than usual due to this. Air plane mode helps a lot.. can still use wi-fi if you must with it on.

Honestly you get more harmful radiation from X-rays in your life, unless you're smuggling iPhones that is.
Unless you’re getting x-rayed all the time that’s even negligible.

Flying on the other hand gives you more radiation than that. Unless you’re pregnant even that isn’t a big deal unless you fly from Tokyo to NYC bi-monthly or there abouts.

Dr. Moskowitz is at it again, I see.

I am an MD. I have been reading about non-ionizing radiations causing cancer decades before i entered the medical school. My first reaction at reading this was: what did they find out, and why. then a link to the so called doctor explains it: another lunatic looking for a spotlight, and finding one.

shutterstock_235127482.jpg

Only one of these actually causes cancer.:cool:

Back