Don't Buy Global Agenda - [H] Editorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you can tell who has read the article and who hasn't. It is painfully obvious some of you have zero readin comprehension. There excuse for not supporting multiple-monitor gaming is painfully and woefully inept and doesn't make any sense. If they are going to stand on that and since many of you argue that steam system specs are to be used then they need to drop support for 30" monitors or better yet any resolution over 1280x1024. I mean this is what every single person arguing against kyle's editorial is saying.

The only thing I can think of is that nvidia is throwing their weight around to keep eyefinity from being used which is what the fears were in the original multiple monitor gaming editorial.

I hate the word boycott in regards to games. I think the angst here is not that it doesn't support the feature but that they block it and call it cheating. but its just another mmo that's gonna crash so no big loss.

Wheres the [H] boycott over 2K removing 360 controller support from bioshock 2? Or titles choosing to use DX9/10 over DX11?

People aren't going to get up in arms about things they don't use or don't care about.

And why would people boycott games that don't use DX11? Support for DX11 six months in is already better than what DX10 had its entire first year.

If you don't agree with Kyle's stance then oh well. There are some of us who simply don't want to buy games if we can't use our fancy monitor set ups in them. Kyle is doing people like that a service by informing them of this game and its creator's stance on the issue. He might be a bit extreme about it, but that's Kyle. He gets extremely passionate about this stuff, its what makes [H] so different from ever other tech site out there.

So, here is the post the HR dev was responding to:

So, unless I'm reading this wrong, GA would support Kyle's eyefinity setup since he is running three monitors in portrait mode and wouldn't need an expanded FOV since the final display size he has is close to a supported resolution. It's only the super-wide (5700x900 in the post) eyefinity configs they don't support. Right now the game supports 16:9, 16:10 and 4:3 aspect ratios I think and it sounds like you can use any res as long as they are one of those aspect ratios. In competitive FPS gaming super-wide FOV settings have often been banned (in CAL and TWL at least) because they do give an advantage. Top of the line equipment can give you a slight edge, but eventually you've gotta draw the line and decide if you're going to allow corked bats. GA is trying to be a competitive game, so people are going to expect at least somewhat of a level playing field.

I've been scrimming and playing in Cal and TWL clans off and on for 5 years I've never heard of that. How would they stop you?

It's as much the developer's prerogative to specify the rules of their game as it is for the gamer to choose how he will enjoy it. I wish Global Agenda supported Eyefinity, but I certainly won't bitch if they choose to "disable" it in their game. Their excuse is reasonable, IMO, though I hope it does not become a trend.

This is Kyle's website, and he obviously can write whatever he pleases, but I find this editorial both malicious and whiny as hell. A simple advisory to his readers would've been more than sufficient. In fact, it would be great if he could maintain a list of eyefinity-compatible games on [H] and provide front-page notice whenever the list is updated.

This whole post is shameful, not the least for slandering an indie developer trying to put out their first title. As others have said repeatedly, why should Hi-Rez support a standard that is used by such a small segment of their potential audience, particularly when its use could unbalance the game in an Eyefinity user's favor?

They key word in the previous sentence was could. In order to ensure that it did not, Hi-Rez would have to spend time and resources implementing Eyefinity/triple-monitor support in such a way as to not give those players an advantage over others. When you're an indie developer with a relatively small budget, what makes more sense: throwing money at this "problem" to embellish the user experience for a hundred of your customers (and I'm being generous there in terms of adoption) or deciding against that rabbit hole altogether, instead spending resources to bolster the presentation/user experience for all of your customers?

Games like GA live and die by word of mouth recommendations, and criticizing them so harshly, and in my mind unfairly, on a highly trafficked, enthusiast site will dissuade potential customers from giving the game a try, even though the vast majority of your audience does not have a triple-monitor setup.

I hope you've privately reached out to Hi-Rez and will take down this "editorial" soon. If not, this six-year [H]ard veteran will vote with the only currency that has value on the internet: I'll take my eyeballs and ad-clicks elsewhere.

I totally agree with this.

The irony here is that you in fact don't realize that YOU are the idiot parroting stuff that retardos #1 forever have been idiotically posting on forums and taking it as fact. How does the human eye gather information? Light refraction. It doesn't operate at a set frequency and is constantly absorbing light. Additionally, I know it's amazing, but there are now displays that accept a true 120hz signal, and output 120 frames per second.

Take of the sideways hat for a few seconds and do some informative reading.

Mybe on paper you're right. But in a realistic game setting your fucking eye ball would not be able to tell the difference between smooth motion 60 vs. 70. or 80 vs. 90. Or 100 vs. 112. You follow me here? You guys crack me up seriously....LOL

I see the irony in a dev named Hi-Rez not supporting high rez setups. Their reasons for not supporting such setups is partly idiotic and partly correct.

This game is basically an MMO, right? They would be opening themselves up to some serious user pushback if Eyefinity users had an in-game advantage due to wider FOV. Though, I would like to see these resolutions supported by more games at the same time. They *may* have chosen wisely, in their own best interests to not support multi monitor gaming. If more people demand it, I'm sure it could be supported int he future.

I didn't read all of this thread, so disregard if I'm mistaken.

Mybe on paper you're right. But in a realistic game setting your fucking eye ball would not be able to tell the difference between smooth motion 60 vs. 70. or 80 vs. 90. Or 100 vs. 112. You follow me here? You guys crack me up seriously....LOL

You are cracking up every non-lemming with a brain, trying to compare a 10 frame per second difference with a difference of over 100 frames per second.

I follow that you really don't know what you are talking about, are quite young, and have never taken the time to understand how the human eye works, and are going off a forum post you read once, instead of actually learning about something.

Ever used an 90hz crt next to a 60hz lcd? I think you are likely too young to understand the difference. Do you even own a car?

Very whiny editorial. I would have had more respect for his point if he didn't come across as a whiner.

The game is only days old... relax!

You are cracking up every non-lemming with a brain, trying to compare a 10 frame per second difference with a difference of over 100 frames per second.

I follow that you really don't know what you are talking about, are quite young, and have never taken the time to understand how the human eye works, and are going off a forum post you read once, instead of actually learning about something.

Ever used an 90hz crt next to a 60hz lcd? I think you are likely too young to understand the difference. Do you even own a car?

Sorry to quote you specifically, but why is this turning into an FPS thread?

Thanks for the info Kyle... not that I would buy a MMO and one as lame as Global Agenda

I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER GAME THAT ISN'T FULLY EYEFINITY READY.

I think that any game that comes out from here on out should fully support widescreen + eyefinity and what ever NV has to offer down the road.

But there reasons for blocking out Eyefinity makes them sound like a bunch of SCHOOL GIRLS!!!!!

why is Eyefinity a unfair advantage? when ANY ONE CAN BUY IT!!!

I have Eyefinity and so can any one else. so again where is it unfair? because they don't want to spend the money.

Oh ok well then it should be unfair to use a gaming mouse, they should make it so people can only use 2 button mouses. because it would be unfair to have extra button on a mouse that cost more then the one they picked up at Wal-Mart

Or they should just set the max resolution to 800x600.... 16 bit color... that should be an easy figure for everyone to display :rolleyes:

Official ANTI Hi-Rez Studios member = nickbaldwin86

Hi-Rez? Eyefinity is "Hi res" :D

FYI, all the trolling off topic posts have been removed. Let's keep it above the belt and OT people. If you want to discuss cars or frames per second, do it in PM. Also, some of the posts are obviously trolling and trying to incite issues. Those have been removed. 23 posts total. I tried not to remove any post that attacked or pertained to myself or my opinion, but there were probably 2 in there that were deleted as well. So no, I am not ducking anything here, just trying to keep the thread civil and moving in the right direction.

Your HELP in keeping it civil and on topic are appreciated.

The only reason I would boycott this game is if it was an Nvidia TWIMTBP title....if that were the case you could bet that multi monitor had been deliberately locked out simply because eyefinity is an ATi feature and Nvidia don't have sensible multi screen answer to it (apart from sli'ed fermi's :/ )

I see the irony in a dev named Hi-Rez not supporting high rez setups.

from what I gather, they support high resolutions just fine... they just dont support the greater FOV needed to give the user an advantage... so someone playing on a 3 monitor setup will see the same amount horizontal space (just with more pixel detail) as someone on a single monitor, they'll just see less vertical space.

buy 3 more monitors... problem solved :D

I think Kyle's anger is a little misplaced. He acts as if Hi-Rez is the first developer to do this.

As has been said before: take a look at DICE who has done this with ALL Their games. the battlefield series is far and away more popular. Where was kyle during their little rampage against widescreen users (which is probably the majority marketshare now)?

Pretty lame rant article, imho.

Personally I feel that yes you can make a statement that you do not support a company because it's software is programmed to block your ability to use your hardware to its full potential. If an average guy posts that he does not support this title because of 'blah blah' then yes he might get some responses one way or another but the stance that a big name in a forum has the stance of 'do not buy this' has much more pull with people to either follow them, or to argue.

People can do what they want to do and why should we treat anyone differently based on their status on a website. The huge outpouring of people telling others not to buy Modern Warfare 2 because IW spits on PC users I agreed with but I didn't follow. I did go buy the game eventually because I was bored with everything else released. It is a great title for multiplay but doesn't offer anything new in terms of gaming from previous COD's. In fact they stole 'legally borrowed' ideas from modders and took their ability away to control the game in the way they wanted.

My PERSONAL stance is that eyefinity is no different than any other hardware. Eyefinity is the equivalent of going from 5:4 FOV support to 16:9 - only now we're going from 16:9 FOV to 15:4 or even larger. I have three 19" monitors that are 5:4 aspect. They're perfect for eyefinity/TH2G. Max res is 1280x1024 per monitor. There is a difference between 1920x1080 and 1280x1024. You're talking almost half a monitor of extra view. Now instead of adding half a monitor you're adding two full monitors - but the FOV isn't a focused view but actually has some image shifting to pull to the center. You can't exactly stare at a side monitor and get a clear picture - its more of an immersion factor. I have used surround gaming for the last three years and KNOW it is something enjoyable and really doesn't help me as far as skill. Some people actually play worse with surround gaming because it's too much to focus on. I look dead center and my eye will catch movement on the side. I can see your point in that the side view does give you something extra it doesn't always make it easier to play. It is also a distraction. I have quit playing games that don't support surround gaming because they aren't enjoyable without that feature.

If you're talking about FOV changes you're looking at default of 65 which most people can't stand.. so we go to 80 for our FOV - Well with three 19" 5:4 monitors you're looking at about 140 FOV - yes you're splitting 60 FOV over two other monitors so each monitor adds about 30 FOV extra over the standard 80 center monitor. These are 5:4 specs so the view would be much larger on a widescreen. Can you honestly look at a side panel running the same res and get much out of 30 FOV stretched on each side?

seriously, a company called hi-rez doesnt support high-res?

are you fucking kidding me? i hear this game wasnt good but now... gonna tell everyone not to buy this POS

There's plenty of ways for people to gain competitive advantages, obviously, as Kyle pointed out... Eyefinity might go a lil' farther than some of the other methods (obviously enhanced peripheral vision is a bigger edge than a more sensitive mouse or faster fps, imo) but if you start messing around w/blocks on what the PC gamer can and cannot use online where do you draw the line?

Unless it's some sort of competitive league where there's a cash price, I'm w/Kyle, devs shouldn't be messing around w/this at all. It's just counter-intuitive, things like Eyefinity and MMOs go hand in hand, they're the reason a lot of people still game on PCs rather than on consoles... If you make 'em mutually exclusive you're just cutting down your own potential customer base.

Today is a sad sad day for me after reading this editorial and the comments. The last time I checked this sight was called [H]ard|OCP, and for a reason, this community is about supporting the advances of hardware, bleeding edge technology and pushing the limits, or so I thought.

I come to this place everyday after having discovered its existent to listen to people discuss about amazing techs that I unfortunately can never own, but it doesn't matter. I'm OK with the fact that I can never afford the newest and best video-card when it 1st released for super fast frame rate, or a 30" Dell with crazy screen size and clarity, or 3 monitors in this case. I can deal with having only enough to afford an old Honda with good gas mileage, while only a handful of people cruising along in Ferrari's. But I will be damned if I were trying to hold back technologies. I want to see faster video cards, faster auto vehicles, 6 and beyond monitors display, or whatever that will be the bleeding edge whether I can afford it or not. I will not try to hold other back because I can't afford or achieve the best. I shall let other experience greatness if they ever get the opportunity, even if I can't.

I will not criticize anyone opinion, but I will say this that some of the people believes expressed here (which might lead to actions), and especially the action taken by the developer from Hi-rez sadden me, because such things only mean not supporting and holding back technology advances. This pains me, even more than the fact that I lack the finacial competent to buy and support high end technologies to push it forward. I give thanks to the enthusiast, they are the reason why there are faster video-cards, better monitors, and more realistic graphics. It starts with them, until the product is not the bleeding edge anymore when I can finally afford it.

Also, there is no way you could run a triple monitor config running max details on a 5770. You would need at least one 5850. It wouldn't make sense to cheap out on an eyefinity setup. If you have the time and money to be that serious about pc gaming, go hard or go home.

I hope nobody expects a 5770 to to max details at 4E6 pixels (2560x1600 or 3x1280x1024). But this article shows acceptable performance at 4E6 pixels with a 5770 with many games. So, Eyefinity can be done for cheap. That's the only point. I didn't say it would look uber awesome.

Your original statement also stated that you need at LEAST (2) $300 cards, and now you say you're going to purchase a single 5850. So perhaps that initial claim was a bit exaggerated, hmm?

I think this is ridiculous. Are we going to ban TV shows that don't bother to do a surround sound mix now just because we thought it was cool to get speakers and a receiver? Well, I think eyefinity and mult-monitor gaming will ALWAYS be the same type of niche, relegated to the ones who have a physical setup that allows a titan wall of monitors and those who can afford them. On these pages the percentage is probably high, but outside this snow globe it's never going to click. We're fighting hard enough against mainstream consoles. I think we should be supporting good games even if they don't support our 5k force feedback multi-touch 3D deep color passion projects.

and btw, Kyle's editorials are getting more and more eccentric. not quite mad with power, but edging that way.

Are we going to ban TV shows that don't bother to do a surround sound mix now just because we thought it was cool to get speakers and a receiver?
Bans and boycotts are completely different concepts. We don't have the power to 'ban' a game, but we do have the power to boycott it, which is what Kyle suggests we do.

It's probably a hideously bad game anyway and not even worth the effort to boycott in the first place, but to each his own. It wasn't on my radar prior to his post and the chance of me buying now are just as slim (approximately 0%).

This is over the top. They aren't holding back technology. They made a decision based on their own internal discussions (or whatever) that they believed it would give an unfair advantage and disabled it. There is no active intent to do anything other than make the game (that they developed) fair for everyone. Whether or not you buy the game based on that philosophy is up to you, but this isn't some sort of Marxist plot to create a new proletariat.

Today is a sad sad day for me after reading this editorial and the comments. The last time I checked this sight was called [H]ard|OCP, and for a reason, this community is about supporting the advances of hardware, bleeding edge technology and pushing the limits, or so I thought.

I come to this place everyday after having discovered its existent to listen to people discuss about amazing techs that I unfortunately can never own, but it doesn't matter. I'm OK with the fact that I can never afford the newest and best video-card when it 1st released for super fast frame rate, or a 30" Dell with crazy screen size and clarity, or 3 monitors in this case. I can deal with having only enough to afford an old Honda with good gas mileage, while only a handful of people cruising along in Ferrari's. But I will be damned if I were trying to hold back technologies. I want to see faster video cards, faster auto vehicles, 6 and beyond monitors display, or whatever that will be the bleeding edge whether I can afford it or not. I will not try to hold other back because I can't afford or achieve the best. I shall let other experience greatness if they ever get the opportunity, even if I can't.

I will not criticize anyone opinion, but I will say this that some of the people believes expressed here (which might lead to actions), and especially the action taken by the developer from Hi-rez sadden me, because such things only mean not supporting and holding back technology advances. This pains me, even more than the fact that I lack the finacial competent to buy and support high end technologies to push it forward. I give thanks to the enthusiast, they are the reason why there are faster video-cards, better monitors, and more realistic graphics. It starts with them, until the product is not the bleeding edge anymore when I can finally afford it.

I think Kyle's anger is a little misplaced. He acts as if Hi-Rez is the first developer to do this.

As has been said before: take a look at DICE who has done this with ALL Their games. the battlefield series is far and away more popular. Where was kyle during their little rampage against widescreen users (which is probably the majority marketshare now)? Pretty lame rant article, imho.

It's a valid rant regardless imo... I don't follow your logic, because he didn't complain earlier he doesn't have a right to complain now or it somehow makes the complaint less valid? C'mon... Maybe this is the first time it impacted him personally in a really big way, or simply the first time he felt it merited an official rant. /shrug

Either way, the more press issues like this get, the less likely we are to encounter them in the future, so it's good for everyone.

Im even sure they dont give a shit what you think..
Thats cool cause I dont give a shit of what you think either.

Once again, it would have been better for them to say we do not have the resources to invest on making this compatible with multi monitors or whatever but not the silly response the provided.

Last edited:
Personally, I would not feel cheated by playing against people with an Eyefinity setup, even in a competetive fps.

It's a valid rant regardless imo... I don't follow your logic, because he didn't complain earlier he doesn't have a right to complain now or it somehow makes the complaint less valid? C'mon... Maybe this is the first time it impacted him personally in a really big way, or simply the first time he felt it merited an official rant. /shrug

Either way, the more press issues like this get, the less likely we are to encounter them in the future, so it's good for everyone.

I think the issue is more that he didn't complain with a more mainstream game from a larger developer as opposed to a smaller game from a less known developer. The argument is that you don't piss off the big guys, but it's ok to go nuts on the little guys.

I was considering this game.

Though I don't have a triple monitor setup (no room for 3 42inch Plasmas), I will avoid purchasing this game on the matter of principal.

I know [H] can be very harsh with their opinion at times, but you guys keep it locked up in the forums and off the front page. Your new style of being completely open (in bold text like style) in my opinion is awesome, whether I agree or disagree with you on the subject matter, it's time we got a voice in the community and one with a reputation to go with it.

I think the issue is more that he didn't complain with a more mainstream game from a larger developer as opposed to a smaller game from a less known developer. The argument is that you don't piss off the big guys, but it's ok to go nuts on the little guys.

Damn I didn't know Bioshock 2 was such an indie game and 2K games, damn who has ever heard of them?

Of course I am poking fun and don't take this harshly. ;)

Meh, could be reading a lil' too much into that... Valid point if it's true tho, but plenty of reviewers and columnists (online and on print) ripped Infinity Ward a new one for their server-less multi-player setup (or even for the shock-for-the-sake of it storyline). Kyle's not in the game review business tho, so I guess in that sense you could argue his rant is a lil'out of place either way.

Personally I still think it's valid, stuff like Eyefinity is why I like gaming on a PC, regardless of whether I own an Eyefinity setup or not, but I can see your point. If he's gonna go down this route he might as well post some rants about the PhysX support issues across a lot of games (tho he's touched on that) and Batman's NV-only AA drama while he's at it... :p

Last edited:
Meh, could be reading a lil' too much into that... Valid point if it's true tho, but plenty of reviewers and columnists (online and on print) ripped Infinity Ward a new one for their server-less multi-player setup (or even for the shock-for-the-sake of it storyline). Kyle's not in the game review business tho, so I guess in that sense you could argue his rant is a lil'out of place either way.

I'm not putting words in his mouth, but often, when advertising dollars are at stake, you watch what you say. From a strictly gaming perspective, the lack of servers for PC MW2 is a much bigger deal than no Eyefinity support. But that's ok.

I think this is ridiculous. Are we going to ban TV shows that don't bother to do a surround sound mix now just because we thought it was cool to get speakers and a receiver? Well, I think eyefinity and mult-monitor gaming will ALWAYS be the same type of niche, relegated to the ones who have a physical setup that allows a titan wall of monitors and those who can afford them. On these pages the percentage is probably high, but outside this snow globe it's never going to click. We're fighting hard enough against mainstream consoles. I think we should be supporting good games even if they don't support our 5k force feedback multi-touch 3D deep color passion projects.

and btw, Kyle's editorials are getting more and more eccentric. not quite mad with power, but edging that way.

Lol I just worked an issue a couple weeks ago in that *** wasn't transmitting stereo and people were complaining that the sound sucked. We wouldn't stop carrying the programing but we would certainly pressure them with the SLA.

Sadly gamers don't have that clout we can only speak with our wallets. I agree Kyle made this one personal, but I can imagine getting ready to review a new game an mmo no less and finding out your displays gonna look like crap. Not because the supports not there but because you're actually locked out on purpose. GA has every right not to allow multidisplay gaming and Kyle has every right to say **** you I'm not reviewing your game then. Infact looking at metacritic it looks like it was an easy choice to make. I think if Nvidia gets surround up this year it ought to be time to start saying whether they support multi-display when a game goes gold not hidden on a damn support forum.

Damn I didn't know Bioshock 2 was such an indie game and 2K games, damn who has ever heard of them?

Of course I am poking fun and don't take this harshly. ;)

Bioshock 2 DOES have Eyefinity support though.

My point is that (and I said this like 8 pages back), if some big game or developer comes out with a game that doesn't support Eyefinity. For example, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, another COD, or whatever, I think most people would suck it up and play the game anyway (even Kyle ;) ), and I doubt you would hear anything more than a grumble about it, and definitely no "Don't Buy ________." But because it's Hi-Rez (who I never heard of before yesterday) and a game I've never heard of before yesterday, it's open season.

I'm not putting words in his mouth, but often, when advertising dollars are at stake, you watch what you say. From a strictly gaming perspective, the lack of servers for PC MW2 is a much bigger deal than no Eyefinity support. But that's ok.

OTOH, which sets more of a precedent for future games? Frankly I don't know, I'd hope neither! :( Someone like Blizzard's always gonna have Battle.net and we'll always have FPS w/better MP support, the Eyefinity scene is harder to predict... I think comparing it directly to the shift to widescreen monitors is a bit unfair. You could predict the vast majority of gamers would eventually move to widescreen LCDs ('specially when many who hadn't were still on CRTs), in this case you can't make the same argument at all. Eyefinity's always gonna be a niche product... 'Least in the foreseeable future.

I think people who paid more than $100 for their current gen video card shouldn't be talking about unfair advantages.

For today's graphic-intensive games, a person playing on a 4890 or a GTX285 or what have you -clearly- has an advantage over the guy running Intel graphics. Yet nobody's crying foul over why games are so demanding of hardware.

That said, I think EyeFinity is in the same boat. No I don't have an EyeFinity system, but I'd sure love to have one. I won't get one because I don't play enough PC multiplayer to justify the cost. If I did, I'd definitely be on my to-do list after upgrading my system to an i7 based rig.

As for this company? I'm sorry, but calling yourself Hi-Rez and then capping resolution just sounds...I dunno, wrong, somehow?

I don't think the people who actually spend the money to get the best experience they can have, be it gaming, watching movies, or just listening to music should have to suffer just because someone else out there isn't willing to spend that kind of cash. I run a quad core system. Why should I have to suffer because someone else out there is still at the loading screen on their Celeron?

I think you made the point when you say that the turret guy wouldnt have died if he had an eyefinity setup. Thats what they are worried about.... I think its not so much the number of pixels, or the size of the setup as the aspect ratio. 3 landscape monitors is a REALLLLY wide aspect ratio. Whereas 3 portrait monitors isnt too different than my 42" TV i play games on. I want to play on a screen that size.
And for people that bought 3 monitors for the sake of playing portrait on a 42" screen equivalent... they're getting screwed down to 1 monitor. I dont think that the ultra mega widescreen is SOOO much of an advantage that you should completely screw the people that arent taking that advantage but need the setup. Thats bad business and i think hardocp (which i think something like at LEAST 50% of gamers who have something like an eyefinity setup visit at least weekly if not daily) has the persuasive power to completely show Hi-Rez what happens when you come between a gamer and their setups.

I think you made the point when you say that the turret guy wouldnt have died if he had an eyefinity setup. Thats what they are worried about.... I think its not so much the number of pixels, or the size of the setup as the aspect ratio. 3 landscape monitors is a REALLLLY wide aspect ratio. Whereas 3 portrait monitors isnt too different than my 42" TV i play games on. I want to play on a screen that size.
And for people that bought 3 monitors for the sake of playing portrait on a 42" screen equivalent... they're getting screwed down to 1 monitor. I dont think that the ultra mega widescreen is SOOO much of an advantage that you should completely screw the people that arent taking that advantage but need the setup. Thats bad business and i think hardocp (which i think something like at LEAST 50% of gamers who have something like an eyefinity setup visit at least weekly if not daily) has the persuasive power to completely show Hi-Rez what happens when you come between a gamer and their setups.

I'm not denying that people can have an opinion and can share it. I'm just noting that the manner in which it is shared comes across poorly. It sounds like a little kid not getting his way in the playground. It's one thing to have an article explaining why you feel that Hi-Rez is wrong. It's another to use a bully pulpit to say don't buy a game.

Hell I remember getting kicked from AA servers because I used Creative seems that the positional sound was a cheat.
Most people use onboard sound (morons) and knowing where the sound came from was a no no.

hell ask Donnie27 about this he was kicked more times than anyone for hardware cheating LOL

F whats next, we have taken a poll and the average user is using a 17" monitor and 1280 resolution....anything better will be locked out of the game menu.
Wait some of the people are on consoles, to be fair everyone has to use a like controller. Keyboards and mice will be instant bans.

What he was shooting for but kinda mixed it in with other stuff.
"If you don't want game developers telling you how you can and cannot use your hardware, don't buy its games."

Using a keyboard in online flame wars is no longer allowed, because it gives you an unfair advantage over those who dont have keyboards plugged into their computers.

punishing people for pushing new technology?

if you think like that, high-rez go develop for consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back