Don’t Try This At Home

HardOCP News

[H] News
I saw this video from Maker Fair 2010 and all I could think of was “don’t try this at home.” Thanks to bbt95762 for the video.

Steve, thanks for that. Kind of reminds me of the OLD Disney world, where stuff was actually interesting. I like the flame sculpture.

And I thought playing around with my 50,000 volt neon transformer was fun...

That man should of dressed up as that lightning man from "Big Trouble in Little China". or Raiden from MK series.

That looks like fun, I am going to setup some tesla towers in my backyard now...

I have seen a few tesla music videos, it looks like really neat stuff. A friend of mine worked on a tesla project years ago and occassionally feeds me information about stuff revolving around continuing research into its uses. Neat stuff.

I've seen ArcAttack! a few times and those coils are pretty cool. They also have a robotic band that plays with them. The one of the guys looks like 'dark' a mad scientist.

Mentioning "Don't try this at home" makes you want to try it most of the time. :p

The suit should be made to look like Dr. Doom

Q: What do you do when a fan jumps on stage with you?

I saw them yesterday at the Maker Faire. I was only able to see them do the Airwolf theme. They had some equipment problems.

Yeah i would have thrown something at the idiot holding up the huge camera blocking our view lol.

There had been an artist in the San Fran area named Dave Archer, that used a tesla coil for his paintings. You'd recognize his artwork if you watched any of the Star Trek:TNG series, his paintings were exhibited on many of the deck/crew quarters walls.

I actually got to see a demonstration of how he made his paintings about 15-17 years ago, he wore some kind of odd arctic/moon boots in order to keep himself from getting fried.

The paint used was acrylic, and the 'canvas' was a sheet of glass. The arcs do all kinds of different things to the paint, between moving/vaporizing/bubbling it. It's really interesting.

I wanted to go to this, but christ between my wife and me, it'd cost $50 + $10-15 parking, plus way too fucking much for any food... yeah, wtf its a faire when they get so god damn expensive!

I can see this being at a rave where everyone wants to get lit up...by the Tesla machine.

You mean like this (starting 4:15), or perhaps this.

The only complaint I have is that having attended their concert last year at dragoncon is that they've got, by an order of magnitude, the most asinine on stage patter it was ever my misfortune to have to listen to.

Back