Domo Strategy : World of Warcraft

Draax

Supreme [H]ardness
The guild I am currently in, in World Of Warcraft, has been doing MC for a good while now and pretty much has all the bosses, up to Domo on farm, status. We do have problems with Major Homo .... er Domo. I will explain our current strategy, with the picture below.

We start with tanks lined up left to right, at the top of the ramp, and we have one guildie run in and iceblock, the tanks are shielded and run up and grab an add and move it to one of the positions indicated above. The priests are sheeped and stay sheeped with mages specified per add.

The first add is pulled to the DPS area and is downed, fairly easily each time. The tank at the 9 O'clock then pulls his add to the DPS area and all the tanks rotate one spot counter clockwise.

Oh yeah all the while there are two tanks on Domo, to keep him occupied.

When the first add comes down, that tank goes and finds the first specified sheep and stands by it. When we are down to three adds, the four has his health taken to 20%, then we break a sheep and get that add down to 20%. The second tank, after his add is down goes and finds the second sheep and stands by it. The 2nd sheep is then broken and that add is killed.

For those familiar with the fight, once four adds go down, all sheep break and the adds become immune to sheep. We have tanks take the remaining adds, and we proceed to pull the adds to the DPS area as we see fit.

We have been able to down 7 of the 8 adds, but we cant kill the final add to finish the fight. In this fight you dont need to kill Domo, as the giant pussy he is he cries to ragnaros and splits.

I would like for people to make suggetions or explain there technique to beating this big dummy.

* Note the red circle in the middle is Domos pit, where he teleports random people

Hmm your strat sounds kinda over complicated with all the rotating and stuff...

We just mark the closest guard on the left, sheep the 4 healers and throw tanks on the other three guards.

Kill the first guard, then the person who was tanking that guard begins breaking the sheep. We kill the four healers and then work on taking down the remaining three guards.

So Guard>4 Healers>Other 3 Guards>Loot

The reason for the spacing is the nasty AOE fire blast that the priests do.

Sheep healeers on pull

kill 3 guards, get the last guard to 50, kill 1 healer, kill last guard, kill 3 healers... If you guild can't beat this encounter after 2 weeks of trying. Delete guild.

The aoe is from the guards not the healers if I remember right, its been a while snice I been in MC. I haven't played my 60 in over 2 months.

Prim3 said:
Sheep healeers on pull

kill 3 guards, get the last guard to 50, kill 1 healer, kill last guard, kill 3 healers... If you guild can't beat this encounter after 2 weeks of trying. Delete guild.

The aoe is from the guards not the healers if I remember right, its been a while snice I been in MC. I haven't played my 60 in over 2 months.

The guards have an AOE, as well as the priests. Guards shadow damage, Priests Fire.

You guys should just join the military and get it over with it. They could use strategic thinkers such as yourselfs.

Json23 said:
You guys should just join the military and get it over with it. They could use strategic thinkers such as yourselfs.

Its funny you say that, there are a number of people in our guild who are either in the military, or have military experience.

On a seperate note, we have not had a friggen might drop in forever. We change raid leaders all the time, and the damn MC instance is not dropping might.

Oh yeah on a side note, we were doing MC on saturday and we have huge friggen lag spikes (Stormscale US sever), which caused members to be disconnected at certain times. We have found that lag is becomming a problem on saturday nights especially .. anyone else notice this ?

Prim3 said:
And this is one the easiest fights.

I don't understand your need to post condescending remarks, but if you are going to continue, and in addition post strategies which go against all the videos of the encounter on the net, and strategies posted, I ask you make your own thread.

Your strategy for MD seems pretty sound but you haven't exactly explained why you fail. If your healers are running out of mana (it's an endurance fight), the guild needs to supply them with enough mana pots to drink as soon as their mana drops 2k off maximum to give them time to use another one later. If you have a pool of dps classes to choose from I would also suggest you look closely at damage meters and only take the ones doing the most damage on the MD encounter. The guild I'm in was struggling with MD for a couple of weeks after we first killed him and in the end we just had to hand pick who would go and he went down straight away.

Also make sure that dps classes are bandaging themselves rather than relying on healers to top them up. You'll often find a few people who'd rather they got a flash heal than spend 20s on a heavy runecloth bandage.

i recoomend tnaking the adds on the other side of the lair. plus people dont have to run far to get to them also put 2 tanks on domo him self and keep him near the fire pit.

makes it easy to get to and if you wipe its easier to rez.

you have the correct strategy. seems your lacking dps.

There is no reason to be rude to the guy - he came here with a legitimate question :(

Don't worry, this fight was a pain in the ass for my guild when I first joined too... You will get it sooner or later :)

DO you guys recommend tanking domo on the North, or South side of the pit ?

It seems that are healers are running out of mana, or are getting owned when Domo throws a spear at them. We do have a healing rotation down, and inervate our healers when needed.

The tricky part, is if even one sheeping mage goes down, or an add gets lose for just a second, usually its too late cause mages or healers have been killed.

I wish broadban internet was available at home. This stuff sounds like fun.

my guild has been killing him for almost 8 months now...

your strat is the same as ours except we take two down to 10%, not 20%... works well for us. hell, half of us are afk for the fight

Draax said:
DO you guys recommend tanking domo on the North, or South side of the pit ?

It seems that are healers are running out of mana, or are getting owned when Domo throws a spear at them. We do have a healing rotation down, and inervate our healers when needed.

The tricky part, is if even one sheeping mage goes down, or an add gets lose for just a second, usually its too late cause mages or healers have been killed.

dont meant to talk bad about anyone but you really shouldnt be running out of mana (priests) unless you dont have many healers etc. your priests should only be worried about there tank ohters should eithe be healed by durids or paladins..

domo is a bitch to keep anywhere its just best to tank him near the pit. cause he clears argo (why you need 2 tanks on him) mages for this fight are pretty much worthless except for sheeps because of the magic shields. hunters thrive in this fight so i recommend taking a few more hunters.

I would tank your adds in a different place. We tank the 2 adds to teh left of domo near the ledge coming up. One near where you enter and the other just to the north. We bring one of the adds down to where you dps then and the other add is tanked to the right of domo near the spires.

All of our mages are then to the back of domo and domo is tanked right at the pit by two warriors. We do 1 guard -> 4 healers -> 3 guards. After the first 5 adds are down, the healers for that tank are now moved to the tank on the very last add to be killed to assist. After the 6th add is down, those healers are put on the domo crew. You can move the healers around as you need, but after the first tank tanks the first 5 adds then the healers no longer be on him as he moves to a DPS role.

You bring up a good point. I think we may really need more hunters. I know the class breakdown for our MC runs, for all classes except hunters. I will have to look more into that.

By the by, I am a Warrior.

KevinO said:
I would tank your adds in a different place. We tank the 2 adds to teh left of domo near the ledge coming up. One near where you enter and the other just to the north. We bring one of the adds down to where you dps then and the other add is tanked to the right of domo near the spires.

Ya we usually tank two of the guards by that ramp leading up. We found shamans are able to walk part way up that ledge and drop totems, that are in range of the warriors. So the shamans never see damage.

dawtips said:
my guild has been killing him for almost 8 months now...

your strat is the same as ours except we take two down to 10%, not 20%... works well for us. hell, half of us are afk for the fight

We have tried bringing 1, 2, and 3 adds down to 20%, but we find the more adds you do this too, the longer the fight lasts, and the sooner mana is all gone. Sometimes the lone tank, tanking one of the adds down to 20% would manage to kill an add and break all the sheeps which lead to chaos.

We do 2/4/2 Guards/Priests/Guards.

Kill 2 guards while all priests are sheeped, then kill one priest, then the 2nd priest, and the other 2 priests pop up. Kill them both mighty quick. By that time, the warriors tanking the other 2 guards should have them down pretty low, kill one guard and finally the last.

Its a hectic fight, but once you get the hang of it, its not bad.

Your map looks good, but we tank the guards on the right side of the area, that way once the priests are all dead, the DPS can move over to the guards and kill them.

Also, make sure you have someone announcing when they are using which shields. Thats important.

Direwolf20 said:
Also, make sure you have someone announcing when they are using which shields. Thats important.

Yes we do this. Ventrillo is a requirment to be in MC, in our guild. We clear vent chat and make sure only a select few talk. We have one person to announce which shield is up, and one controller, who tells people when to move adds down to DPS area, break sheep, etc.

Here is the strategy for our guild. Alliance BTW,

Pregame planning.
1) Have 4 warriors assigned to a guard along with 4 hunters to pull for them.
2) Have 4 mages assigned to a healer each. Preferrably, you take 5 mages so you can have the 5th mage back up sheep in the event a sheep is resisted. This often happens.
3) Have priest assigned to each warrior for healing.
4) have one druid or one priest assigned to the 4 mages. put these into one group so you can have priest easily flash heal.

Sequence
1) Have a paladin divine shield run in to grab aggro.
2a) have the hunters pull for the warriors using their lowest rank distracting shot. have the guards pulled to the right wall by the stalagmites.
2b) While the paladin charges in, have all of the mages follow close right behind the paladins. Once the paladin has aggro, have all of the mages sheep their healers. Most of the sheeps will end up around the molten stone at the point. Reposition the mages to the left stalagmite closest to the ramp. When their sheeps break, the sheeps will follow the mage. So don't worry about healers running off whent hey break sheep.
2c) have 2 tanks on domo away from the guards and healers in the back some where. Their priest and paladins will have to follow them. around.
2d) have the rest of the priest sandwiched between the "sheeped Healer" group and the guard group. You want the priest sandwiched so they can easily switch healing for people between the two groups. Priest can't heal when they run around.

From this point on, the strategy that you stated should take over.

Just be sure people aren't killing themselves when the shields are up.

gizo said:
Just be sure people aren't killing themselves when the shields are up.

I think this may be one of our problems as well. When I hear a shield is up, I still see members in CTraid taking huge hits, im guessing they are owning themselves.

I know sometimes mages just get unlucky and the sheep breaks while the magic shield is up, so that mob gets to run free until the shield goes down.

Draax said:
I think this may be one of our problems as well. When I hear a shield is up, I still see members in CTraid taking huge hits, im guessing they are owning themselves.

I know sometimes mages just get unlucky and the sheep breaks while the magic shield is up, so that mob gets to run free until the shield goes down.

Just be sure they are smart enough not to damage themselves because this will cause a serious deterioration in healing. have mages frost ward for fire ward if they accidently fire one out after the shield is up. Have your melee self bandage when the shield is up.

Just do anything possible to save the mana your healer is using.

My guild had the problem of having one mob left while wiping about two times before we got him. The problem could be your healing situation. Make sure they have mana conserve or something similar running. You'd be suprised at how many will over heal because they are scared of making a mistake. We always kept a priest/druid or priest/shaman combo on our off-tanks and did rotations. Keep them stacked with mana regen items like mindtaps and the such. And also make sure the ones with the most mana regen are healing the tanks with the longest tank duties. I heal spec'd shaman and a druid can easily heal the main tank. Also keep a hunter on distracting shot duty when domo clears agro. Keep soulstones on your priests and make the druids use their resses where needed.

It is highly possible to get off one or two ooc resses if you keep a shaman on backup down the ramp out of ae range.

I'm also not sure where you place your healers, but the ledge right on top of the ramp is where we've placed ours and it seems the best for range + ability to miss aoe.

gl

Back