Domino / Lotus Notes incoming mail question

F1xxer

Weaksauce
Quick background:

I'm new to a company that runs Domino/Lotus Notes and I've had 0 experience with Domino prior to this. The big wigs want an anti-spam solution. I need to figure out how much mail is incoming each day before I can give a good recommendation

I've searched through the Statistics tabs in Domino but I don't know which stat is incoming mail. All the sites out there have been worthless in giving me info. All the sites pimp their Domino training or plug-ins, but I can't find any info on what stat is incoming mail.

We have a mail server and an SMTP server. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

if you want the best anti-spam, get postini, we did, and it's awesome. everyone where i work is happy with it.

'Nother Domino + Postini admin here.
We use SAV for Domino internally as well for profanity / attachment size limits.

If you have Domino Admin installed, bring that up. Switch to the server you want to check (SMTP I guess?)
Go to the 'Server' Tab. Then Statistics.
You should see a list of items, one being 'Mail'
Expand that and look for 'TotalRouted' - that will tell you how many it's moved to one of your other servers. Not sure if that # is reset daily or not though...

Is total routed incoming and outgoing?

Thanks for the reply.

FYI. I'm planning on going with Barracuda for a spam firewall box. I was actually gonna start a new thread for people to sound off about their experiences with them.

Postini looks good, but we don't have a huge volume of emails coming in so cost/user/mail is pretty bad with an outsources service. Plus I'm not sure if that's kosher with HIPAA standards.

F1xxer said:
Postini looks good, but we don't have a huge volume of emails coming in so cost/user/mail is pretty bad with an outsources service.
The outsourcing place we used charged $79/month for 50 mailboxes (unlimited volume). We were pushing more than 100,000 spam emails a day through them, so I'm sure they regretted signing us up. :)

Back