Domain Transfer to godaddy $1.99

wish this was transfer AWAY FROM godaddy because I hate them so much, WAY TOO MUCH SPAM in everything they do.

its_a_trap_star_wars.gif

Good deal, but nty, never going to give them business after the whole SOPA thing.

wish this was transfer AWAY FROM godaddy because I hate them so much, WAY TOO MUCH SPAM in everything they do.

lol, you want spam? Try register.com. Now THAT'S spam. (half a dozen PHONE CALLS a day?)

I transferred to Godaddy a few weeks ago and I don't think I've gotten significantly more spam. They email me once in a while for specials and stuff but I would not consider it excessive. I dunno.

I stay far far away from GoDaddy. Even worse now when they put my domain name on the auction block before it expired. I was PISSED. Someone else got it, and I was told there is nothing they could do. I could buy it back for $1500.... Not worth it. :(

So, I will not recommend GoDaddy. Not just for their outrageous spam, but for their real shitty services and policies.

This thread escalated quickly.
At a previous employer I managed ~200 domain names on GoDaddy, never any issues.
But, YMMV.

gkg.net is really weird, but I haven't had issues with them. I moved name servers and had to talk to someone once, but the lady on the phone knew what I was trying to do and fixed it in 24 hours.

I transferred one domain to godaddy once to save a couple bucks. I was also having issues with my domains and wondered if the registrar change would fix it. Ultimately it didn't. Godaddy had a horrible web site they basically spend every inch of every page trying to trick you into paying more money for extra services you do not want. ALL I WANT IS TO TRANSFER THIS DOMAIN. Anyhow, I got through it all then unsubscribed from all their spam emails. Things have been fine ever since. I was thinking a good way to save money is to always transfer, it just costs you more time. The only other question I have is when I want to leave godaddy will they make it hell or try to charge me?

As with most others I primarily use namecheap, mostly because well they have been cheap. But they also have a lot of features for managing multiple domains. However it seems their prices have been rising and they never give coupons for renewals.

If you transfer to godaddy now do they give you your current time + 1 year or what? Does your renewal date change?

netfirms/namecheap depending on the deal, though currently netfirms has a $2 new domain thing they just emailed me about...

I've been jumping back and forth between namecheap and godaddy every year just to avoid paying their high renewal fees. They would rather me transfer to a competitor than do a pricematch. I would say both perform equally. If you prefer one over the other you can always transfer back after 60 days and carry over your subscription.

This elephant killing fuck can go suck a bag of smega-encrusted dicks....
Seriously fuck this guy.

qyaA2zJ.jpg

I'm not saying they are unreliable or they don't have good prices. But when my domain is not set to expire for 6 months they already start sending me constant renewal notices half a freakin' year out. It's ridiculous, and when you do sign up a new domain they make you jump through ten pages of do you want to add this or that crap along with it. No more for me. I am transferring all my domains to my hosting provider which is currently Dreamhost.

Why not just register with them under a burner e-mail or add them to your spam list?

It's not ideal but it should only take a second to do to save a few bucks.

This elephant killing fuck can go suck a bag of smega-encrusted dicks....
Seriously fuck this guy.

qyaA2zJ.jpg

And you probably enjoy a nice steak dinner recently or some baked chicken.
Death is death, no matter the moral system you align yourself with.

So you're saying killing out of necessity is the same as the sport killing of an endangered species that will only serve as a wall ornament?

I said the same thing!

For the record, if you *must* use godaddy, please search for coupons. There's almost always a 30-40% coupon somewhere.

That's why people who go deer hunting don't get any props from me. If you want to hunt, make it a fighting chance. Don't do it from 200 yards. I always say, if you can't kill it without the assistance of a firearm, you're just being a pussy. ;)

Back