Dollar at the end of the day.

Roach

Limp Gawd
Just pre-ordered my 6800GT from evga considering newegg pushed theirs back to 8/2/04 too, so now that I'm $426.99 poorer I was wondering how everyone else made out today. Made any high priced purchases?

im goin to the local best buy tomorrow if they have one, they online thing says they do, if they do im GETTING A BFG 6800GT!

im still hurting for money after my purchase almost a month ago, $400 was a big chunk out of my budget heh...damn poor college kid :(

nova[11] said:
im still hurting for money after my purchase almost a month ago, $400 was a big chunk out of my budget heh...damn poor college kid :(

dont knock being in college...i graduated in the UK about a year ago...and working just doesnt compare to the life you have in college/uni.

Rack up that debt dude...and spend a chunk of working life paying it back ;)

nova[11] said:

yeah but you wont have to make a purchase like that again for a while.

i3lacKnyte said:
yeah but you wont have to make a purchase like that again for a while.

That sounds logical but never underestimate the wacky whims of hardware junkies. Those guys will line up to buy a new video card because the wafer color changed… j/k :p

ICOM said:
That sounds logical but never underestimate the wacky whims of hardware junkies. Those guys will line up to buy a new video card because the wafer color changed… j/k :p

Hi...my names Joe, and i have a hardware problem... :(

Syphon Filter said:
Hi...my names Joe, and i have a hardware problem... :(

*Hi Joe!!!*

You're only young once, and college is definitely the most easygoing time. Even working full time as an engineer for one summer is enough to make me want to go back to school...

Syphon Filter said:
dont knock being in college...i graduated in the UK about a year ago...and working just doesnt compare to the life you have in college/uni.

Rack up that debt dude...and spend a chunk of working life paying it back ;)

I can't agree more! I've been workking for 2 years now, and I live in Austin, TX usa. the largest university in the united states is here, and man am i envious of those kids. not ever really having to be or do anything. I miss it. i was retarded and pushed through in 3 years. mistake on my part, should've taken 5 years like my brother. Only difference i have found is that when working you have less time, however now you have some income to buy toys with! its a trade off. Even though i am working i am still stingy about my $$, so i'll have to wait a month or so, cause i only want to spend $350 or less since i just built a new system. Enjoy college, and dont forget to take adavantage of the ignorant women, before they get jaded and wise to the real world! :D

Bought 2 GT's in the UK - each card cost me £300 = 545.628 USD .

I am not sure what to say now.

Just spent $700 on a beach bungalow for my birthday weekend, and also recently bought a MiniDV camcorder for $600. So now I am poor and 6800GT less.... :( Guess my 9800pro will have to do.....

I hated university with a passion. My mistake I guess for taking engineering, which was and still is 90 percent male. I had to go all the way to the other side of campus just to meet a few hotties.

Often fell asleep during "statics and dynamics", the professor was so pissed of at half of the class for not knowing basic engineering principles or properly documenting it. "An elephant is tied to a rope pulling on a stake tied to the ground with 500 pounds of force" Draw a force diagram... Most people would forget to draw in the 500 pounds of force going in the opposite direction of the pull of the elephant to keep it in equilibrium. Call it lazyness, but I think our entire generation was that way (I was smack dab in the middle of the generation X malaise) Got like 99 (A+) percent in Chemistry, and 40 (D-) percent in Advanced calculus.

I did not find any professors enlightening, most were just rude and had egos the size of trucks.

Damn, y'all are some bitter ass engineers. I'm not saying dynamics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, statics, or anything like that are fun classes (mechanical design was the shit though), but they teach you a lot about the way things happen and why. I consider them just an extension of the first physics class I took and how much it opened up about the world.

But yea, the hotties are not at all well represented, especially in a school that is already 60-40 male-female :rolleyes:

my buddy already got his aerospace eng & he's finishing up his mechanical eng. He says there is one attractive girl in all of his classes, but she is a mom. lol\

back to topic, he will probably be able to afford a GT when he graduates in a month. :p

I believe every best buy has it in stock according to their website, even if they dont.

wilson502 said:
im goin to the local best buy tomorrow if they have one, they online thing says they do, if they do im GETTING A BFG 6800GT!

Back