Dolby Atmos sound dropping out on Mobile Ryzen APU

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been running and tweaking the machine all week with no crashes games and benchmarks work fine 19.23 best driver in a while. However I have found one glitch when I try to play a Dolby Atmos File the sound will drop out sometimes for few seconds and then return okay the video continues fine. I tested the same exact file on my Surface go and Dolby Atmos plays perfectly fine. I tried disabling the Realtek but no difference. Reinstalled High Definition device no change. Games and music play fine and I can watch even Atmos flick if I just configure sound for standard stereo. It is my thought that it is caused by one or both of the following, First the Audio driver for hdmi audio is dated March 2018 yes it is the one from 19.23. The other one might be the 256 meg memory allotment in the F20 bios,,, My machine spec are 15M-BQ121DX R5 2500u w Vega 8, Nvme 250, Micron OEM 2TB ssd, and 16gb ram.. Has anyone else else experienced this? Haven't had much luck so far finding a newer high definition audio driver for AMD hdmi. Maybe a decent bios would help but you can't expect HP to get off its butt...There's got to be a newer driver out there somewhere.... Anyone have any ideas?

Your formatting sucks ass :S

Hard as heck to read what you wrote. What AVR are you running? Dolby Atmos cutting out (especially if you haven't had any sound output going for a bit is normal. It doesn't help that the Dolby Atmos software is buggy as heck. Basically if no audio is being output to the AVR the AVR will go into a power save mode (disabling speakers, or going into 2 channel mode). Once it detects an audio signal, it'll "power up" again and enable all the channels. This will be noticeable because you might not be getting any audio output while this is happening.

Nope it was VLC it does not do Atmos well. I Now use Movie and TV app in windows 10 works perfect... bye bye.

Back