DOJ Economist Claims AT&T/Time Warner Merger Will Cost Customers up to $571M More Per Year

Even then, why keep thinking that Time Warner is and ever only was a cable provider? Does everyone else really not know that they the Warner in Time Warner was Warner Brothers at the very least?

You tell me, as I dont get it either.

Even then, why keep thinking that Time Warner is and ever only was a cable provider? Does everyone else really not know that they the Warner in Time Warner was Warner Brothers at the very least?
Many did, and TWC *did* provide a cable monopoly for many areas for many years.

Many did, and TWC *did* provide a cable monopoly for many areas for many years.

Many did what?

Everyone seems to recall that TWC was sold off, but there was no mention of anyone knowing a single other thing. Everyone's response to the statement AT&T is buying Time Warner was I thought they already sold TWC to charter so how are they selling it to AT&T now. So everyone recalls that the cable side sold, but seem to be completely unaware that there was more than a cable company from the start and are confused as to what else could be sold since they already sold.

That would be like saying that you didn't realize that Disney made movies and wasn't just an amusement park.

Because what could possibly go wrong? There have never, ever been any issues with AT&T getting too big in the past. Nope, not ever. Well except for that one time, but it was so long ago that no one even remembers it...
Something about failing to learn from history and all that.

Ma Bell was a government enforced monopoly, which is something else people forget. It was actually illegal to compete with them, the excuse government uses and did use at the time was that economies of scale were actually better for people and prices. After that was stopped and competition was allowed in the market again, prices plummeted and they had hundreds of competitors across the country.

However, this is not TWC, those are no longer the same company.

Back