Doing multi-monitor, mixing old and new?

Outlaw85

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking to upgrade from;
Size; 17"
Model; Dell 1704FPT
Ratio; 5:4
Resolution; 1280x1024
Budget; $200USD or less (if its a couple $$ over, its still in the running)

I've looked at 1200p 24"+ screen which would be nice for daily use and then bump the resolution down to <1080p for gaming. But after considering my gaming settings, I don't really need to go over the top.

Then I considering just getting another monitor to pair with it. I've been searching a bit and finding a 20.1" wfp type monitor would match my current one in monitor height.

What I wouldn't mind doing is 1704FPT - widescreen - 1704FPT

Does anybody know which specific models would match this or come very close?

Thanks,
Outlaw

Technically you'd need a 23" 1080p monitor to get close in PPI (94 vs. 96) and height because the 20" is 1200 pixels high and 100PPI.

I was originally looking at the 24", but then decided I'm not really going to need this plus I never got a response back. I know I'm behind the whole multi monitor kick and it wouldn't be 2 or 3 super-sized monitors but thought it would still be cool for a triple monitor using these ones.

I'm not sure which dell widescreen monitor would match up with my current one with trying to keep the bezels lined up for uniformity. The actual display doesn't have to be 100% lined up as I'm not expecting to game across all 3.

Thanks,
Outlaw

Back