Doing Flips in UT2K3

i have just got gotten a 'real' CD key for the game so now i can play online, but i see all these people doing flips and stuff(i still suck) and i have no clue how to do them

how the hell do you flip while you jump?

It's just the jumping animation; whenever you jump, it looks like a flip to other ppl.

get ut2k3 and then u get like 10 or 20 bux off of ut2k4 type of deal thingy when 2k4 comes out... just make sure the retailer u buy it from doesnt sell it too expensive

The "flip" is just part of the jump, but sometimes it requires a double-jump I think. Try it out (hit space twice) same thing goes for dashing n' whatnot (forward twice).

EDIT: however, your view will never actually "flip," it's just an animation effect or something.

Wait for 2k4 it will be backwards compatible with 2k3 and with vehicles so I don't think you can go wrong just by holding off for a few months.

the flip is a double jump. and its juast an animation you see. you do it when you doulbe jump and the ohter players wee you doing it.

as far as i know youlll need ut2k3 to play ut2k4

From what I have read UT2k4 is a full game that anyone can buy and play. But if you still have your box and your UPC from 2k3 they will be offering a rebate.

warsawtag: You will not need 2K3 to play 2K4. I would personally wait for 2K4. They are giving a rebate for 2K3 owners and I think it is $10. If you can find 2K3 for that cheap, then you will basically get 2K3 free which wouldn't be a bad deal. It is just how bad do you want it.

retardedchicken: On the flip, not all animations do it. The robots and juggernauts (gorge/rylissa,etc.) do not show the flip when double jump.

I was just wondering when UT 2k4 is supposed to be released anyway. I don't have a clue but I am looking forward to it as is my son. Although we enjoyed UT 2k3 we didn't enjoy it as much as the first UT. It seems that I read someplace (but I don't remember where) that UT 2k4 is supposed to change some elements to be similar to the original UT. I don't remember which elements but it would be really cool to have a game as un as the original UT but with the added vehicles as well.

Whilst I don't know the US dates, the UK release is 19th March. For you guys I would guess it will probably be a couple of weeks earlier.

[k]

while in play type "behindview 1" into the command console, thats the ` key ;). then do double jumps and you will see the aminations

i see now, the robots are my favorite characters too:(

"it slices, dices, eviscerates, and tracks you down by your DNA....kind of like the prom date you stood up" by far the best description

Back