Doing a Poll For Best location on BF3 Server Need your input

Location For BF3 Server.

• Total voters

Gulkor

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, [H] Gamer's and [H] Member's :p

As some of you know, I am going to order a BF3 Game Server For the [H] Gamer's and [H] Member's, I am doing this To give Back to everyone, Because everyone has been so great.

I am doing this poll to clear up, where the location of the server is going to be, because i would like for everyone to have as low of ping as they can.

I was Reading on the forums of Nukeclear Fallout, and the support staff are very active, and the price's are not to high.

I am more then likley Choosing Nukeclear Fallout to host the BF3 Server.

i figured i would just list them all.

here is a list of all the server's

Atlanta
Chicago
Dallas
Denver
Los Angeles
New York City
San Jose
Seattle
Seattle (Premium)

Also I will be on the look out for a few admin's, someone who knows the ropes, and wont abuse there power, or be a dick abut being a admin. you are more then welcome to send me a pm to talk to over.

Also if you have any request your more then welcome to post in here. :D :p

Last edited:
Anywhere close to Montana. lol. Been getting a decent ping on BFBC2 from Seattle servers.

Anywhere close to Montana. lol. Been getting a decent ping on BFBC2 from Seattle servers.

anywhere near washington is fine with me as well...

seen ya on the pRc server a few times :p

also i'd prefer the server not be in california. rather play on a server in texas before playing on one in california. i have no idea why but my ping is higher on a california server then it is on a texas server.

Last edited:
i just updated my post with the servers they have. so everyone see's the choices of the server's

I want to say a few things.

1) Its to soon for this. Its putting the horse before the cart to be making any decisions on a game thats not even got a release date yet. We just got things going and still have more to do before servers are to be looked at.

2)EA hasnt even picked and announced who the Authorized Hosting Providers will be. Its easy to guess and assume but anyone offering preorders right now other than 1 company is hoping they got it.

3) Its nice to see someone wanting to give. Not many people that are like this anymore but i hope more follow in your footsteps.

4)As it stands now and will in the future. We wont take donations in the form of servers unless its from a company that is sponsoring the community. Managements official stance is that you can't make an official Hard Gaming server on any hardware you personally rent or own. If you donated money to Hard Gaming so that the Management can buy a server, thats a different story entirely.

Otherwise people can put some Hard Gaming servers up fill them up with traffic, and then change the name. Its actually known to happen quite a bit, I have seen multiple cases in the past where users go "Oh I want to help the community, let me put up a server...1 month later...server name change"

If you want to help out in the form of a server then just donate to the cause in the form of currency.

Also Battlefield 3 is a game we plan to Officially Support and have a server for on launch day. Before servers are purchased i myself will conduct research with as many people as possible outside the US to determine the best latency for people connecting outside the US. I already know the best for people within the US. We will also have other polls to see what people want as far as games that are out currently.

I hope you understand.

German Muscle, I understand what your saying, With everything, and i am by no means offended,

I am doing this for free, i am asking for nothing in return. i am just doing it to be a nice guy. I work hard, i like to play hard. i understand i might have to move things around nothing is set in stone. but it will give me a idea of what i will need to do.

I Will keep The name the same. i am not going to name it anything to do with Hard Forum Name. I will name something mature and something everyone will like. i even though of holding a Poll of some cool names and everyone has a say of what name they like best.

I am doing this for the U.S i will allow people from the non U.S to join. i am not going to be a a..hat, about it.

I am sorry if you feel i am stepping on your toe's i am not trying to, and i am sorry to any member here if you guys feel i am stepping on anyone toe's,

I am just someone who like's to do my own thing and i like other's to have a good time. i enjoy it when other enjoy them self's i know you dont know that from someone everyday. but there is some of us around still.

I am just trying to give everyone a better understanding of why i am doing this. its not just for me, i am doing it for other's, but i want nothing in return. its a free service. i will donate to [H] Server's as we'll just to help,

This was a chance for me to give back. and thats what i am going to do. and i hope you can understand that.

I voted Northwest, but Denver will give you reasonable pings for the entire west coast, texas, and a lot of the midwest.

Having one server will alienate people, it's just the way it is. One thing to consider is that people who play on a certain server will become a part of that community - read that as they may go to hardforum.com - and continue to play on that server.

i did some looking in to on google maps and was looking at the server location's and it seems Denver server is almost right in the middle of the U.S.

now i am not saying this is the server i will be going with. because i have no idea what server's will be at the time BF3 comes out. but i figured it would be the best suited one.

i just want everyone to have good ping and not half have good ping and the other half have bad ping.

Chicago primary, Dallas secondary

I'd imagine that this would keep the ping fairly even across the states with parts of the midwest having it slightly better.

i was thinking of doing Chicago my self. because everyone seems to get good pings from server from that state for some reason i dont know why but they do.

Dallas or Chicago. Nothing else makes sense. This is speaking strictly for the North American region.

Chicago
Dallas

living in the mid west, those are the best 2 options. normally 30-45ms pings to servers in those areas.

Chicago. Should placate the large Texas crowd we have here and be fine for Midwest / East Coast people, while still giving the West Coast an opportunity to play.

wow 60 votes already, keep em coming guys :D i am glad to see the support and i am so greatful for you guys helping me on this.

Being west coast I would prefer Dallas, but I have no problem with Chicago as long as I can still pwn n00bs :D

Chicago or Dallas, best places to host game servers for the US.

This. I live in Las Vegas which is about as far from Chicago as you can get and I still get acceptable pings to servers there. I get better pings to Dallas or Houston, but that is only due to the fact that it is closer by quite a bit.

Somewhere in the midwest is the most fair across the board for all of the US Community.

Any clans/guilds that I've been in always went for Chicago or Dallas. It's fair to everyone then.

I agree with Chicago or Dallas, I live near Dallas but have good pings to Chicago servers as well.

1. San Jose
2. Seattle

In the Halcyon days of yore, I remember playing CS on our clan's pub server in San Jose with 5-10 ping. God if only I could get that in BF...doubtful

Honestly it would probably be best to use a datacenter in the midwest. My vote is for Dallas, as I can connect to my favorite BF:BC2 server, located in Dallas, from both California and South Carolina (where I go to school) with good ping.

Back