D'oh, were're these peeps

jws2346

[H]ard|Gawd
It was a real high point when the "old timer" Mr relic checked in and I can dig it that ROC is vacationing down there with the 'roos (nobody to watch his farm) I was also some kinda' glad to see MrBooMY back in the fold, it was awlful quiet around here :rolleyes:. What ever happened to nomad8u, I sure hope everything is OK with him and his better half. If you're able, please give us a heads up nomad8u, or we're gonna' have to give brother capreppy combat pay for answering all the questions us non tech peeps ask about WCG and VMWare all by his lonesome. :(

DCing for the CURE

There are quite a few that are either lurking or have dropped of the planet so to speak.

You're so right bro K, I hope everything is copacetic with everyone that has showed up missing lately. I didn't mean to imply that it was only one person on the mighty [H]orde that could answer questions about IT or 'puters it's just nomad8u was one of the peeps I asked questions concerning WCG, the notfreds stuff and VMWare. :D

Speakin' of someone being really quiet here lately, where is the peepette that represents the female part of our great forum at. leSLIe must have laryngitis or something (only kiddin', only kiddin' leSLIe :p)

DCing for the CURE

I lurk mainly. When your average work week is over 60 hours a week, it's hard to find time to do much more. On the upside I don't use my rig as much and fold even more.

Every year there are new members and older members either go on hiatus or leave. I think it happens pretty much on every team. The [H]orde has a lot of members so the turnover is probably more pronounced. Then there are those who go from posting to lurking, which I do from time to time.

APOLLO is right, people will come and go regularly which is normal for a team that big. Myself, I have less time to come here and deal since I'm getting a bit busy.

I am back on the road traveling. I've been working from home for most of the last 18 months and it has been nice. Unfortunately that is probably over. My current client is a big 5 consulting firm. They have indicated that the project I am on is not going to be the only one I will be on. There aren't that many of us that do software configuration for Enterprise Incentive Management (or Sales Performance Management depending on the buzzword of the day). They closed 4 deals last month and don't have the experienced bodies to staff all of them as they are building this particular practice so I will be splitting my time between at least 2 of them and possibly 3 of them. I am an independent and not salaried. I told them I can work up to 100 hours per week and I think they make take me up on that. I'm ok with it since I'm paid by the hour. My wife is seeing dollar signs (coach & luis vuitton purses and some serious shoe shopping). I see an opportunity in the next couple of months to grow my garden.

My attention here may be sporadic. I will definitely try to keep involved, but a lot of that will depend on how much I am working. I've only been here for a little over a year, but I've learned a lot of about DC in that time. I will definitely continue to fold and grow my garden.

I am back on the road traveling. I've been working from home for most of the last 18 months and it has been nice. Unfortunately that is probably over. My current client is a big 5 consulting firm. They have indicated that the project I am on is not going to be the only one I will be on. There aren't that many of us that do software configuration for Enterprise Incentive Management (or Sales Performance Management depending on the buzzword of the day). They closed 4 deals last month and don't have the experienced bodies to staff all of them as they are building this particular practice so I will be splitting my time between at least 2 of them and possibly 3 of them. I am an independent and not salaried. I told them I can work up to 100 hours per week and I think they make take me up on that. I'm ok with it since I'm paid by the hour. My wife is seeing dollar signs (coach & luis vuitton purses and some serious shoe shopping). I see an opportunity in the next couple of months to grow my garden.

My attention here may be sporadic. I will definitely try to keep involved, but a lot of that will depend on how much I am working. I've only been here for a little over a year, but I've learned a lot of about DC in that time. I will definitely continue to fold and grow my garden.

You've really made a big contribution to the cause. I hope everything goes well with your jobs and that you can come back and make your farm even bigger :).

I wish I could work 100 hours a week, Id KILL for a chance like that lol

I wish I could work 100 hours a week, Id KILL for a chance like that lol

Not if you are in my shoes, I'm a salaried worker, 60 or 130 Hours a week is the same pay. That is exactly my life on and off right now.

Back