Does your S7 Edge have this problem?

OregonLAN

2[H]4U
For the last couple months, I've been in a circle with Samsung's repair department trying to get my in-warranty S7 edge repaired. The phone has been sent in a total of ~5 times and returned with "no problems found" the last 3. I've gone up and down the technical support escalation ladder with no success. At this point, Samsung blatantly refuses to repair and/or replacement the phone because they insist that there's nothing wrong with it.

Here's a brief video showing the problem:
http://oregonlan.com/s7_edge.m4v
(apologies for the "Rob Ross" voice)

Does your S7 edge behave like this? The intermittent digitizer response makes it nearly impossible to type or scroll up/down on a website.

FWIW, If anyone has a Samsung contact that they can provide me, I would greatly appreciate it! I purchased this phone outright from Samsung.com; it will likely be the last Samsung product I ever buy because of their poor customer service.

Feel free to share your Samsung.com experience too...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Before I use S7 when it launch but when I hear about S7 have the issue then sold out and Buy another smartphone. I will also suggest you to sale your S7 smartphone and buy another phone S6 its better then S7.

One thing I'd say is you shouldn't be using one of those capacitive stylus things for testing, and if you sent that video as recorded to Samsung they would have immediately dismissed it because of that aspect. The touch displays are designed to work with human skin contact and how the capacitive effect works because of our bodies producing electricity, and even though such capacitive styluses work they emulate that effect it's still not exactly the same as touching the display with your fingertip or skin.

Having said that, if the display is exhibiting this problem even if you do use your finger then yes obviously there's an actual problem with it and if Samsung doesn't fix it to your satisfaction then by all means tell 'em to fuck off and never spend another dollar on their products. There's no way to force them into doing a repair or swap, unfortunately, it's entirely at their discretion to do such a thing.

I can't say it'll matter in the long run because the Galaxy S7 Edge is "so last generation technology" and of course companies love forced obsolescence nowadays. At this point Samsung couldn't care less about anything that's not a current flagship sadly but that's just how things are in our disposable society.

Back