Does your card down clock if display is >60Hz?

Tup3x

[H]ard|Gawd
So, does your card down clock in 2D mode if display is running at higher than 60Hz or if you use custom timings? It's rather annoying that VRAM does not down clock at all when my display is using 1920x1080 75Hz custom timings. For that reason the idle GPU temperature is ~10c higher than what it could be if it would down clock properly.

So, does your card down clock in 2D mode if display is running at higher than 60Hz or if you use custom timings? It's rather annoying that VRAM does not down clock at all when my display is using 1920x1080 75Hz custom timings. For that reason the idle GPU temperature is ~10c higher than what it could be if it would down clock properly.

Mine does not and its at 2560x1440@96Hz.

My 290x and previous 6970 would always run the VRAM at full speed when I had the refresh rate at 144hz. Anything lower than that and it downclocked the VRAM to 150Hz when idle. I agree its annoying but I don't know if this is a hardware of software thing.

My 290x and previous 6970 would always run the VRAM at full speed when I had the refresh rate at 144hz. Anything lower than that and it downclocked the VRAM to 150Hz when idle. I agree its annoying but I don't know if this is a hardware of software thing.

Actually, other than having to run a higher fan curve I don't mind it. It seems having it run clocked causes zero image retention, where as on my old 660Ti it would retain images from the browser etc.

As far as I know the VRAM that in this is officially 1,5GHz so I don't think there's chance to ruin them even with overclock but... I'd guess that it might start to ramp up the fan a bit when it starts to get hot outside.

I did post a bug report about this which probably gets ignored... It would be nice to know whether or not this is hardware or software problem. This is waste of power.

As far as I know the VRAM that in this is officially 1,5GHz so I don't think there's chance to ruin them even with overclock but... I'd guess that it might start to ramp up the fan a bit when it starts to get hot outside.

I did post a bug report about this which probably gets ignored... It would be nice to know whether or not this is hardware or software problem. This is waste of power.

You can always you know browse @60Hz. :D

You can always you know browse @60Hz. :D

I'd probably do that BUT my damn Fujitsu P23T-6P has shitty overdrive that work only in video mode (and even then might not activate without switching modes few times or rebooting the display) and there's trick that enables overdrive in office mode (i.e. standard mode without dynamic contrast and has working colour settings). I loose the overdrive every time I change display refresh rate and I'm too lazy to always do the same ritual over and over again. :mad: But yeah...

Back