Does Titanfall have recommended specs or just minimum?

Zero Cool

Limp Gawd
I've seen the minimum requirements on Origin but has anyone seen recommended specs from Respawn? I'm not worried about being able to run it, just curious what they are since it's a Source 2 game.

They've only released the minimum specs. I'm guessing it'll scale slightly, but I wouldn't expect it to shit miracles graphically. I don't know where you heard it being a Source 2 Engine game. It's strictly Source last time I checked, which explains it showing its graphical age.

You're right... I don't know why I put the 2 there haha. Thanks for the info!

Its a Source game so i wouldnt expect it to be to demanding. If the specs are demanding then its most likely the devs fault with lazy programming/optimization

They've only released the minimum specs. I'm guessing it'll scale slightly, but I wouldn't expect it to shit miracles graphically. I don't know where you heard it being a Source 2 Engine game. It's strictly Source last time I checked, which explains it showing its graphical age.

Using an aged engine so it runs okay on the lackluster xboxone hardware.

Since the game is from 360 up to PC, I would expect there to be a lot of options to turn down the graphics to get a decent frame rate.

Since the game is from 360 up to PC, I would expect there to be a lot of options to turn down the graphics to get a decent frame rate.
The beta version had almost all the same video options available in Left 4 Dead 2, whose recommended video card was one with SM 3.0 support and 256MB of memory. I would imagine that the minimum requirement of an 8800GT is due to texture usage and the fact that pre-G80 cards are now legacy products in NVIDIA's driver package. Extending from this knowledge, I think no "recommended" specs have been released because the minimum and recommended are probably the same :p.

isn't the game using like 40GB?...what's taking up all that space?

Uncompressed textures and audio most likely. Its the same story with Ghost, its definately not High resolution textures or audio thats taking up the space.

Uncompressed textures and audio most likely. Its the same story with Ghost, its definately not High resolution textures or audio thats taking up the space.

Mainly audio. Max Payne 3 was the same. I am not sure why developers are getting lazy.

any video card from the last 3 years can probably run this game at max since it's still built off an old engine

Old engine, but damn it looks good. Source engine sure scales well. It's time for an updated engine, but it still looks damn nice for it's age.

Back