Does this need to be bled or refilled? (Swiftech AIO)

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a Swiftech H220-X from a member here. It's new, but it sat in its box for a number of years and I'm curious what, if any, maintenance I should perform.

The res window is apparently supposed to look dirty like that judging by every other picture of the AIO. The big air bubble and curiously loud pump (edit: noise actually might be the fans it came with, am checking) are concerns - do I need to bleed the system or just let it run for a while since it sat dormant for so much time? Temperatures look fine, but I've not done much testing.

20200311_171219.jpg

if temps look fine keep running it and figure out what the noise is. you can top it up with distilled water if you want but the air bubble doesnt look like it will be an issue.

Reactions: viivo
like this
I have experience with this unit. The microscopic reservoir and the very surface-adjacent pump inlet make it quite prone to noisy gurgling.

It's a good little unit with a pump based on a DDC design. The res/pump/fillport locations just leave a bit to be desired.

Reactions: viivo
like this
Thanks for the replies. A large part of the noise was due to the fans. It appears that the oil leaked out as they sat dormant. The pump noise only becomes annoying around 2400 RPM thankfully.

Back