Does the SN45G V3 have Soundstorm?

Eric1285

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm moving my rig over to a SFF PC, but I need something has both SATA and Soundstorm. Does the V3 of the SN45G have soundstorm? I'm pretty sure the V1 and V2 have it, but I can't find any info on the V3.

Does it have an additional SATA controller? If it uses the standard MCP-S ports, there is no Soundstorm. MCP-S offers SATA, MCP-T offers Soundstorm; there are no combination boards or crossovers.

Edit, after reading the link from below poster:
It has both, which means the SATA is provided by a third-party controller.

Col_Hogan:
We could've used your method, but that would've been too simple! We're computer geeks- challenges are what define our lives!

It would seem to me..If you wanted that Kind of Info you couldve went to Shuttle yourself...took me all of a minute to find out if it had Soundstorm and SATA

Col_Hogan said:
It would seem to me..If you wanted that Kind of Info you couldve went to Shuttle yourself...took me all of a minute to find out if it had Soundstorm and SATA

Could you kindly highlight where on that page it mentions soundstorm? Doesn't seem to say anywhere. I've already read it several times.

Ah, right. I just did a text search, which is why it didn't come up I guess. I've heard other people say that it doesn't have soundstorm though...and that Shuttle's website is mistaken. Anyone actually have one and want to confirm?

Back