Does the slot fan blow or suck?

Arnge

Limp Gawd
Does the slot fan blow or suck?

and what is the best part of a 8800GTS to do so.

under the fan or on the heat sink.

an image will really really really help

All dual slot cards blow out. The fan blows at the heatsink attached to the front of the card which is 'glued' to the processor and memory chips.

Easiest way to find out, put a tissue paper in front of the fan, if it sticks, it sucks, if it flails, it blows.

i am making my self one from an extra 120MM i have and some glue :D

so i wanna know if i should suck or blow and on what part of the card should i do that.

i have one blowing on the side already but i want better cooling.

I believe they are intended to blow out the slot. I took mine out because it was competing with the psu, which also blows out. I guess I could have reversed the wires, and got it to run backwards, but it is a centrifugal fan and you're not going to get anywhere near the same CFM running it backwards.

BTW, very proud this thread has been up for this long without any juvenile remarks. I have exhibited remarkable restraint.:p

i have those pci slots fan the sucks air from inside and blows out. helps cool my gpu and idling around 56c to 60c

I'm sure it blows as well (as he tries very hard to hold back juvenile remark). I had one on my first computer build, but took it off as I later found out it really wasn't needed for my particular design and parts.

i didn't buy a slot cooler.

i used an old 120MM fan and placed it under the card , by sticking it to the slot it self.

I have a thermaltake SL1 blowing hot air out of my case at the moment. I would be better served by it pulling cool air in... does anyone know if it is possible to reverse the air flow? How would I go about doing that? Disabling the annoying blue LED would be a plus too.

Back