Does the 570 chipset fan make noise?

Are these chipset fans easily user replaceable when they fail?

Are these chipset fans easily user replaceable when they fail?

I don't use a windowed case, so I figure I'll rig up something else if the fan dies early.

I think I have some thin 60mm CPU fans from the old days that I can zip tie to the chipset heatsink.
Or I'll rig an 80mm case fan to blow across it.

finally I don't have any regrets with the B550..l got me that seem AF on 4th gen PCIe slogt from the CPU and 1 x NVMe also and now chipset fan annothing the heck out of me... I'm good...

I swapped out the chipset fan on my Gigabyte X570 ITX board for a Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM. Noctua moves more air and is quieter. Has a little bit of a chunky sound compared to the stock fan which was more high pitched, but I prefer the Noctua and can rarely hear it even with my case right on my desk.

I swapped out the chipset fan on my Gigabyte X570 ITX board for a Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM. Noctua moves more air and is quieter. Has a little bit of a chunky sound compared to the stock fan which was more high pitched, but I prefer the Noctua and can rarely hear it even with my case right on my desk.

Do you have a photo that you could show us? If possible, I wouldn't mind seeing how it looks.

Do you have a photo that you could show us? If possible, I wouldn't mind seeing how it looks.

I used some double sided tape on three of the corners to mount, as it's larger than the stock fan so the mounting holes don't line up.
DSCF0065.jpg
The top layer of the chipset fan/heatsink assembly is just a sticker. Removing it would improve airflow a bit, but I elected to leave it on.
DSCF0066.jpg
DSCF0067.jpg
DSCF0073.jpg
DSCF0082.jpg

The placement of the fan on that ITX board makes that possible, i don't think it would work that way on my X570 taichi, not without hitting a GPU.
Speaking of GPU
Is that a Morpheus II? Nice.

For the chipset fan on the X570 motherboard towards whether I can hear it? Well, on my ROG Crosshair VIII Hero let me put it this way: I installed 3 custom Noctua Chromax fans into my Phanteks Eclipse P400A case (2X 140mm in the front for intake, 1X 120mm in the back for exhaust). Combined with the Wraith Prism cooler on my Ryzen 7 3700X CPU and the fans running on my new eVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming video card I don't hear the chipset fan at all. Nor the new video card. I can hear the case fans as they seem to be the loudest (but the noise isn't so loud it's a turnoff) and then the CPU cooler I can hear a little but that's all. Out!

I'm running BIOS v1.2 and it looks like they did change the profiles from what you have.
(I have it set to show speed in % instead of RPM)

They changed the max trigger temps to be lower, 83C from what I saw.

"Silent" & "Balanced" profiles still start with 0% (stopped) speed.

I have it on the "Manual" setting which has a 20% minimum speed, it won't let you turn it off.
It's currently running 51C at idle or light load.

On BIOS v1.0 I tried the "Silent" profile but could still hear it making noise so I went with Manual
to get it to quiet down. Will maybe try Silent again on this new BIOS since they changed things.

So did you try Silent mode on the new BIOS? Is the fan still audible?
I'm trying to decide between B550 Gaming Edge Wifi and the X570 Tomahawk, I'm mostly concerned about the fan on the Tomahawk as I'm going for a silent build.
If it turns out that manual mode with 20% RPM and constant spinning is the only way to prevent it from changing speed all the time, I'd be worried about longevity. Ideally I'd like it to last 10 years like my previous rig.

The newer BIOS versions on the X570 Tomahawk keep the fan at 0% on Silent mode unless it gets hot.
You hear the fan for a second at power-up, but that's it.

The newer BIOS versions on the X570 Tomahawk keep the fan at 0% on Silent mode unless it gets hot.
You hear the fan for a second at power-up, but that's it.

Sounds good. I think I'll pull the trigger on the Tomahawk. Yours was the only account I found of the fan being in any way annoying, and if you say it's now a non-issue then I guess there's nothing to worry about. If it fails in a few years I'll just DIY something up like I had to do in the nforce2 days.

with the X570 Tomahawk what are the temp thresholds as far as the Silent and Balanced settings?

with the X570 Tomahawk what are the temp thresholds as far as the Silent and Balanced settings?

I posted a pic of the Silent mode speeds in the first page of this thread, last post.

Silent mode is fine now, doesn't bother me at all.

X570 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0) Giagybyte here no issues in the bios i turned mine off i have enough cooling fans so it only spins a few seconds when first booting on​

is that the default settings?...what is Boost Mode?

No Silence mode is not the default, I believe Balanced is the default.
Boost mode makes the fan run high speed for high-end overclocking.

I thought you have this board?

No Silence mode is not the default, I believe Balanced is the default.
Boost mode makes the fan run high speed for high-end overclocking.

I thought you have this board?

I do have the board...I was waiting to get my hands on a 5800X...finally got one so will be building this coming week

Back