Does the 570 chipset fan make noise?

Zepher

[H]ipster Replacement
Are these chipset fans easily user replaceable when they fail?

Spartacus

2[H]4U
Are these chipset fans easily user replaceable when they fail?

I don't use a windowed case, so I figure I'll rig up something else if the fan dies early.

I think I have some thin 60mm CPU fans from the old days that I can zip tie to the chipset heatsink.
Or I'll rig an 80mm case fan to blow across it.

atarione

[H]ard|Gawd
finally I don't have any regrets with the B550..l got me that seem AF on 4th gen PCIe slogt from the CPU and 1 x NVMe also and now chipset fan annothing the heck out of me... I'm good...

Epos7

Gawd
I swapped out the chipset fan on my Gigabyte X570 ITX board for a Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM. Noctua moves more air and is quieter. Has a little bit of a chunky sound compared to the stock fan which was more high pitched, but I prefer the Noctua and can rarely hear it even with my case right on my desk.

Ice009

Weaksauce
I swapped out the chipset fan on my Gigabyte X570 ITX board for a Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM. Noctua moves more air and is quieter. Has a little bit of a chunky sound compared to the stock fan which was more high pitched, but I prefer the Noctua and can rarely hear it even with my case right on my desk.

Do you have a photo that you could show us? If possible, I wouldn't mind seeing how it looks.

Epos7

Gawd
Do you have a photo that you could show us? If possible, I wouldn't mind seeing how it looks.

I used some double sided tape on three of the corners to mount, as it's larger than the stock fan so the mounting holes don't line up.
DSCF0065.jpg
The top layer of the chipset fan/heatsink assembly is just a sticker. Removing it would improve airflow a bit, but I elected to leave it on.
DSCF0066.jpg
DSCF0067.jpg
DSCF0073.jpg
DSCF0082.jpg

TheSlySyl

Gawd
The placement of the fan on that ITX board makes that possible, i don't think it would work that way on my X570 taichi, not without hitting a GPU.
Speaking of GPU
Is that a Morpheus II? Nice.

RareAir23

Limp Gawd
For the chipset fan on the X570 motherboard towards whether I can hear it? Well, on my ROG Crosshair VIII Hero let me put it this way: I installed 3 custom Noctua Chromax fans into my Phanteks Eclipse P400A case (2X 140mm in the front for intake, 1X 120mm in the back for exhaust). Combined with the Wraith Prism cooler on my Ryzen 7 3700X CPU and the fans running on my new eVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming video card I don't hear the chipset fan at all. Nor the new video card. I can hear the case fans as they seem to be the loudest (but the noise isn't so loud it's a turnoff) and then the CPU cooler I can hear a little but that's all. Out!