Does Resin smell of burning plastic or just some plastics?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
If I picked up a 3D printer will it stink up the whole house? Are they meant for outside or garages? I noticed some are encased that have a housing around the printing platform.

Last edited:
Resin smells like paint and glue (to me) and often makes me cough if i get too much a whiff. I use mine in a small room but have air flow when using resin. Resin printing temperatures like to be around 25-30C ambient temp.

Also depending on the printer some have built in filtration.

it can. your call. that^^^
you always need airflow/ventilation in the room with any type but you do want to isolate the machine from drafts from said airflow. hence the housings.

Resin smells like paint and glue (to me) and often makes me cough if i get too much a whiff. I use mine in a small room but have air flow when using resin. Resin printing temperatures like to be around 25-30C ambient temp.

Also depending on the printer some have built in filtration.

Additive printers (the ones which use spools of plastic) tend to have little odor associated with them. It usually depends on the specific plastic you use, and the temperature you run the print head at.

RESIN printers, however, need to be well ventilated, and yes, you will smell it.

I only smell my resin printer when I take the actual hood off. I've heard different resins affect this, however.

Back