Does punkbuster work with Win7 RC?

when i was testing windows7 i couldnt find a way to get punkbuster to work i just gave up.

when i was testing windows7 i couldnt find a way to get punkbuster to work i just gave up.

Same here, I tested BF2 and it was no go with 7000, moved to 7100 yesterday, I may test it out again but I really don't want PB installed on my system anyway so it wont be more than a test.

They claim they dont support beta operating systems, which is lame as this would be a perfect time to support it and get a beta of PB out so when windows finally goes live it'll actually be ready rather than having to wait for them to catch up.

I'm asking only about the RC. technically its not a beta anymore. I do remember that punkbuster didn't work with XP 64bit till it went RTM, with vista I can't remember if it was the same story.

I'm sure someone will let us know for sure if it works with the RC or not. If it does or does not, please post if your using 32 or 64bit Win7 RC.

I have Win7-64bit build 7057 running at home, and PB runs fine (I think... Warhammer Online uses it, and that works fine. The PB services are loaded and running.).

What is it supposed to not do?

I have Win7-64bit build 7057 running at home, and PB runs fine (I think... Warhammer Online uses it, and that works fine. The PB services are loaded and running.).

What is it supposed to not do?

Warhammer has its own unique version built in and worked for me also (until I cancled my sub because of pb). However other pb versions such as the one found with BF2 didn't work.

CoD WaW started just working outta nowhere. one day I realized that I had gone two hours without that damned API error. (this was on 7077)
CoD 4 on the other hand still boots me. BUT - I haven't tried it with Win 7100 yet.
I'll report back...

CoD WaW started just working outta nowhere. one day I realized that I had gone two hours without that damned API error. (this was on 7077)
CoD 4 on the other hand still boots me. BUT - I haven't tried it with Win 7100 yet.
I'll report back...

please do.

I heard from some people that pb was alright with CoD4 in win 7000 anyway and it was just other games that had problems? I can't verify that though just what I recall.

this should probably be in the hot deals section
but i'll be your best friend if someone fixes punkbuster for cod4 on windows 7

I couldn't play cod4 online last night for more than 5 minutes without getting a "Unexpected Windows API" something or other error. PB was updated manually through their software. I would like to hear if someone found a way for it to work.

Did any of you try running both game and punkbuster in "XP compatible" mode?

I couldn't play cod4 online last night for more than 5 minutes without getting a "Unexpected Windows API" something or other error. PB was updated manually through their software. I would like to hear if someone found a way for it to work.

were you on the win7 RC? (build 7100)

were you on the win7 RC? (build 7100)
Yep the x64 RC1 build 7100. Would be nice if I could get it working on 7 but since I'm dual booting Vista, it's not really imperative. I have yet to try compatibility mode for PB so I'll try that later and see if it works.

I get the API error in COD4, but I think its due to running XPadder (for mapping keys to the xbox 360 controller in windows). The reason I say that is because I changed one key and got a slightly different API error code

The PB team dismissed my bug report when they saw the OS (Win7Beta) as they dont support Beta operating systems. Kinda sucky given that I would estimate a good percentage of hardcore PC gamers are going to have modern systems (read: Win 7 Beta from jan 09).

But, when I run without the controller, PB works fine.

Doesn't work for me. PnkBstrB.exe or the A.exe doesn't even show up in the Processes list when I launch CoD4.

I get the API error in COD4, but I think its due to running XPadder (for mapping keys to the xbox 360 controller in windows). The reason I say that is because I changed one key and got a slightly different API error code

The PB team dismissed my bug report when they saw the OS (Win7Beta) as they dont support Beta operating systems. Kinda sucky given that I would estimate a good percentage of hardcore PC gamers are going to have modern systems (read: Win 7 Beta from jan 09).

But, when I run without the controller, PB works fine.
This is the first time time I heard XPadder so though it might have worked for you it probably isn't the solution to the masses who are experiencing this with CoD4. I
Doesn't work for me. PnkBstrB.exe or the A.exe doesn't even show up in the Processes list when I launch CoD4.
I noticed that since running the Steam version, I noticed that my processes don't include A or B either.

can't wait for a fix for this. playing on PunkBuster-less servers are always a little shady and definitely not as abundant.

Back