Does nVidia allow for Color Temp Control or Saturation Control

datap1mp

Limp Gawd
Ready to switch from 6950s to a GTX690 but I'm trying to find out if nVidia has a "Use Extended Display Identification Data" type setting for color temp. Without this checked my Dell 3007-WFP-HC looks extremely over saturated.

I could also manually lower saturation without using an EDID type setting as well, but I'm not seeing a saturation slider that will allow for desaturation.

Or maybe I can rely on using Windows7 for color calibration?

Just want to make sure I am able to get to the same color accuracy with the 690.

The nvidia driver allow for all sorts of color tweaking. There is indeed a use nvidia settings with sliders for color adjustment.

Here's a shot of the NV color control panel if that helps at all.

NV.jpg

Nice, that should get me where I want.

Now I just need to wait for newegg to restock some GTX 690s

It works, you can adjust each channel seperately. I use a 670 for a HTPC connected to a 67" HDTV and the dsktop just didn't look right at the default Nvidia settings, but a quick adjustment to the red and blue channels fixed it right up.

It works, you can adjust each channel seperately. I use a 670 for a HTPC connected to a 67" HDTV and the dsktop just didn't look right at the default Nvidia settings, but a quick adjustment to the red and blue channels fixed it right up.

Yea the Dell 3007wfp-hc is very oversaturated especially in red and blue as well.

ATI's Color Temp control setting tied to the EDID makes the Dell look perfect with one click.

One of the only things I'll miss about CCC.

Back