Does iPhone 4s have the same signal-drop issue the 4 had?

Volume

2[H]4U
By that I mean where you hold it a certain way it degrades your signal severely. Is this a problem with the 4s?

i believe its fixed, also i am noticing better reception with my att 4s

it was just a made up bs stop believing it no one that I know who has an iphone4 had any issues with the deathgrip bs

it was just a made up bs stop believing it no one that I know who has an iphone4 had any issues with the deathgrip bs
And yet most people I know who've had the 4 needed a bumper case in order to be able to use it. But it looks like they've fixed this altogether with the 4s. I believe they even improved things with the original 4 mid-life. Nothing personal, Steve Jobs Jr.

Last edited:

Mine has it. Without any protection and bridging the gap would constantly make my phone lose signal and go to "no service"

:(

I believe they even improved things with the original 4 mid-life. Nothing personal, Steve Jobs Jr.

You believe incorrectly. Apple had to change the antenna design on the iPhone 4 to function on Verizon's CDMA network. The 4S' dual antenna incorporated CDMA needs into the design, thus they now have a unified design—a "world phone." Apple never changed the 4's antenna design for the sake of reducing or fixing attenuation; they can't change your body's chemical composition, after all.

As for the death grip, it was largely overhyped by anti-Apple fanboys and a tech-ignorant media, with some overlap between the two. Yes, if the fleshy bag of salt water called your body managed to bridge the gap between antennas, your signal would attenuate. But the attenuation was less than it otherwise would have been if not for the antenna design, and it was less than experienced on other phones. But Apple gets the headlines, even bad ones.

You believe incorrectly. Apple had to change the antenna design on the iPhone 4 to function on Verizon's CDMA network. The 4S' dual antenna incorporated CDMA needs into the design, thus they now have a unified design—a "world phone." Apple never changed the 4's antenna design for the sake of reducing or fixing attenuation; they can't change your body's chemical composition, after all.

As for the death grip, it was largely overhyped by anti-Apple fanboys and a tech-ignorant media, with some overlap between the two. Yes, if the fleshy bag of salt water called your body managed to bridge the gap between antennas, your signal would attenuate. But the attenuation was less than it otherwise would have been if not for the antenna design, and it was less than experienced on other phones. But Apple gets the headlines, even bad ones.

bingo

It wasn't a death grip, that was a spin they accused against every other phone (Look everyone! Everyone has it!). You didn't have to grip the iphone to make it lose signal.

Exactly. On the dot. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I was comparing a 4 and 4s at different locations using the same network, the 4s seemed to have better reception.

I have none on my new 4S yet. Literally not one drop yet. My 4 I had issues fairly consistently.

when i hold my 4s in my hand in a certain way , the wifi signal go down. My 3gs wasnt. But i still love my 4s

I agree.

I've tried to get my 4 to drop it's signal from holding it a certain way, but the most I've ever seen it drop by was 1 bar.... and then it came right back (while still holding it in a awkwardly contorted kind of way).

I'm sure if you tuned on detailed signal data polling, opposed to the bars, you would see some interference from it, but I don't understand all the hype that it got. As you said... people with an inferiority complex and/or the technologically ignorant.

Back