Does GTX1050/ti run on Windows 10?

alpharalpha

Weaksauce
I'm looking to upgrade the GPU on an older pc and the 1050 would be enough of an improvement, and the 1050ti the sweet spot. But I've read where some people have problems with the card running on Windows 10?

What other OS would it run on? The card came out a year after windows 10 was released. I've had a few 1050/ti cards, never used any OS except windows 10.

nVidiaDriverSupported.png

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/166630/en-us

Last edited:
I'm looking to upgrade the GPU on an older pc and the 1050 would be enough of an improvement, and the 1050ti the sweet spot. But I've read where some people have problems with the card running on Windows 10?
Short answer is yes, it works great.

Ya, we use them HEAVILY at work. Any time a system needs a dGPU but doesn't really need any amount of power, just proper OpenGL support and a little more muscle (lots of engineering programs are like that) a 1050Ti it is. In particular because you can get them without external power which means they work in cheap Dell Optiplexes. We have at least 100 of them deployed at work, all in Windows 10 systems.

Also remember: A 1050 is the same design as a 1080, just less cores to throw at things. It doesn't work any different.

There might be a problem if that older motherboard doesn't support UEFI at all. IIRC, the last nvidia cards that supported legacy only were the 900 series? (correct me if I am wrong - it might be an earlier series)

There might be a problem if that older motherboard doesn't support UEFI at all. IIRC, the last nvidia cards that supported legacy only were the 900 series? (correct me if I am wrong - it might be an earlier series)
It has UEFI Bios. Bunch of strange stuff with the Dell XPS8300. I guess while it will run Pascal it won't Turing "due to not supporting MSDOS VESA bios video mode 103."

Last edited:
Back