Does Farcry really need 53.03 for nVidia cards ?

micah

Limp Gawd
I was going to try the demo tonight to see if I liked the game or not. But it says I have to use the 53.03 drivers and well I do not want to have to change to them only to change back to the newest ones again. So does it work with the newer drivers or only 53.03 ?

you can get the DVD OEM version of FarCry from newegg for something like $25 last i checked. i would just buy it if i were you.

i got the DVD OEM version from NewEgg as part of the AMD mobo/CPU deal they had awhile back and it works flawlessly and with excellent performance using a GeForce 6800 GT with the latest nvidia drivers from their website and DirectX 9.0c. oh yeah i'm using the 1.1 patch too.

Yea I guess I could just buy it, And add it to the other 20 game CD's I have that I never play. That is why I wanted to try it out "Before" I went and paid for it. That way I could see if it is something I would play a lot or just a time or two and add it to the dead wasted money pile of CD's I have.

micah said:
Yea I guess I could just buy it, And add it to the other 20 game CD's I have that I never play. That is why I wanted to try it out "Before" I went and paid for it. That way I could see if it is something I would play a lot or just a time or two and add it to the dead wasted money pile of CD's I have.

sorry missread. they should be fine but just try and find out, if they don't then just buy it (your rig can ahndle it and i don't think you will be dissapointed)

tornadotsunamilife said:
sorry missread. they should be fine but just try and find out, if they don't then just buy it (your rig can ahndle it and i don't think you will be dissapointed)

I would usually just second that without reservation, but while I thought it was a great singleplayer game, theres seem to be a good number of people who really hated it. Try the demo first, definitely.

Back