Does Counterstrike have more servers than COD4?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive always hated counterstrike, but theres this guy at my work who says COD4 has more servers across all the platforms than Counterstrike does on PC, I really doubt this since I played HL1&2 and its mods since 1998 and CS has always been the king of numbers of servers.

Also i remember a few years back there were sites that would list the highest amounts of servers at any given time from all online games, i cant seem to find them anymore, any help with that?'

Thanks

I somehow doubt that CoD4 has more servers, I don't have any numbers either though.

It's safe to assume Half-Life servers refer to any game run on the half-life engine, DoD, CS, etc.

And for Half-Life 2, CS:S, Dod:S etc..

Counter-Strike
31647 servers, 67604 players

Counter-Strike Source
29090 servers, 39105 players

Call of Duty 4
9140 servers, 8515 players

Safe to assume CS will stay at the top for a while longer.

CS:CZ has like 9000 also

CS:king
CoD4:gets old fast

and when cs pro mod comes out, 1.6 servers are going to skyrocket

sad.

all of it. repetitive, small, same thing over and over again.

as much as I hate ea, the bf series just has more replay ability.

that being said, I have quit fps due to complete burnout and hatred for the cheating scumbags who ruin it for the rest of us. even if they suck, the server is still affected and lags.

CS is the WoW of fps games. and just like with CS, when the sequel to WoW comes out, the original will still have more players for years to come.

Also check the stats page on the weekends, they change dramatically.

Dang, UT3 only has 434 players vs BF2 having 15338 players when I checked.
Thats awful for a game retailing at $50 at my local store and being out for only a few months vs a game being out for years at$20.
Of course BF2 is one of the best FPS multiplayers, in my opinion.

Dang, UT3 only has 434 players vs BF2 having 15338 players when I checked.
Thats awful for a game retailing at $50 at my local store and being out for only a few months vs a game being out for years at$20.
Of course BF2 is one of the best FPS multiplayers, in my opinion.

UT3 was a complete flop and for good reason. Epic forgot that they were making an online FPS for the PC and so instead of spending their time making the gameplay fantastic wasted it on flashy particle effects and a next generation engine on which the graphics can only be described with four words: "TOO MUCH MOTHERFUCKING BLOOM".

Do these figures for COD4 include PS3/360 servers/players also?

Anyway to find that info out?

After playing many different FPS, I'm sure many of you have found CS for one reason or another to just be more fun over all.

I personally like dieing and staying dead, gives people time to interact, which I think is a big reason CS is so popular. Deathmatch is fun for a change, but gets boring much faster than rounds imo.

There's also been leagues and competitions for a long time, since CS is a really good team game.

Back in the day, my friends and I would have LAN parties and play CS what, beta 5.2 and tribes... tribes just got old quick because the maps were to big and there was to much going on, I feel the same way about BF.

Then you have most new games, and my feelings are probably pretty similar to everyone elses... you have to spend 50$ on this game, you've never tried the multiplayer before, most games have shitty multiplayer or not many people are ever on or not many servers etc.

CS was a free mod with HL, like... everyone has had a copy of HL. I liked DoD, it was free... I like free things, I'm sure many other people like free things.

CS has variety, you can change player models, weapons, sprays etc. Maps are easy to create... from hopping maps to regular to small FY's, grenades.. knifes... etc.

Anyway I still have fun playing CS with friends... even though I don't play often at least I don't have to pay for it. I would have bought HL2 if it came with CS:S, but I'm not buying CS:S! CS was made to be free mod, </3 valve

Back