Does Asus ROG Strix warranty work Second hand/transferrable?

edo101

Limp Gawd
Hi has anyone fixed or tried to RMA a ROG Strix card/Asus card even though they're not the original owner? It can affect my buying decision for used 2080 Tis. One is an EVGA FTW3 with 442 days of warranty apparently remaining. The other is for $1000 for ROG strix with apparently 3 months warranty

Last edited:
I'm thinking that. it's just hard to swallow that the EVGA one is 400 dollars more.
I agree, $400 is a decent chunk. It would be nice if you could get something around $1,200 with warranty left on it. I'd check eBay and see what's going on there

EVGA has some of the best warranty service. $400 dollars worth difference? Probably not.

It shouldn't matter as long as you can provide a serial number and proof of purchase. They will rape you with fees on anything exceeding the 3 year warranty most likely though. I was in the process of rma'ing my claymore keyboard just earlier this summer, that just missed the warranty by like 3 months (also I was not the original owner). They want $35 iirc just for an evaluation, which is not refundable no matter if you decide to go through with the repairs or not, plus whatever the cost of the actual repairs. just an fyi considering that 2080 has got to be already a couple years old.

Opinions aside between evga and Asus, to answer your original question OP, yes as long as the gpu has a valid serial number. They will RMA it.

It shouldn't matter as long as you can provide a serial number and proof of purchase. They will rape you with fees on anything exceeding the 3 year warranty most likely though. I was in the process of rma'ing my claymore keyboard just earlier this summer, that just missed the warranty by like 3 months (also I was not the original owner). They want $35 iirc just for an evaluation, which is not refundable no matter if you decide to go through with the repairs or not, plus whatever the cost of the actual repairs. just an fyi considering that 2080 has got to be already a couple years old.
Hmm I think I will get the Asus card and get Asus Premium Care warranty in addition?

Another thing to consider is that you're buying Asus premium card for $400 less than EVGA's bottom of the barrel card. It's a no brainer as long as it works.

If you decide to pass on the $750 2080Ti strix card, let me know where you found it, and I'll buy it.

Another thing to consider is that you're buying Asus premium card for $400 less than EVGA's bottom of the barrel card. It's a no brainer as long as it works.

If you decide to pass on the $750 2080Ti strix card, let me know where you found it, and I'll buy it.
Actually that one ended up being a potential scam. The one I am looking at is $1000. The other guy wants $1400 for an FTW3 kirbyrj

Actually that one ended up being a potential scam. The one I am looking at is $1000. The other guy wants $1400 for an FTW3 kirbyrj

For $1400, you can buy a scalped 3080 LHR card from someplace like StockX and it would be NIB. You could register it yourself for a full warranty. I wouldn't pay $1400 for a used 2080Ti at this point.

For $1400, you can buy a scalped 3080 LHR card from someplace like StockX and it would be NIB. You could register it yourself for a full warranty. I wouldn't pay $1400 for a used 2080Ti at this point.
kirbyrj Yeah I'm limited to 2000 series for 3D Vision. I was also looking at an Aurous Extreme for 1100 bucks but I guess I might as well go with the Strix?

Back