Does anyone use Armoury Crate on their ASUS motherboard desktop?

I can't readily control have the boost and fan features on my laptop without the Crate software, otherwise I'd uninstall it again.

Just wondering. I have read here and there that Armoury Crate is buggy. What benefit does Armoury Crate give you? So far, I just download drivers from the ASUS website and then install them one at a time.
One advantage is if you have multiple ASUS components and peripherals you only have to run Armoury Crate to control them all.

Attachments

• IMG_2538.jpeg
    IMG_2538.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 0
No. Not with a ten foot pole either. If controlling your lights is something you want, get a dedicated controller. They are cheap and easy to use.

There is, but imo the software while supposedly good, sucks donkeyballs.
Try Openrgb?

I'm getting some (blue screen) crashes occasionally - AC wouldn't have anything to do with it? Could it? The crashes don't tell you anything anymore - I remember you'd be able to read a long code and the blue screen would 'stay.' Now, Windows just restarts....

I'm considering removing Armoury Crate anyway - because, it is bloatware - like ppl said. But, I already read that it's a nightmare trying to remove it?

One advantage is if you have multiple ASUS components and peripherals you only have to run Armoury Crate to control them all.
Is there any combination of ASUS hardware/peripherals that actually runs Armoury Crate smoothly? It looks like you're running a full-ASUS build, so does it work better when you're not also running iCUE or Gigabyte RGBFusion or other apps?

Is there any combination of ASUS hardware/peripherals that actually runs Armoury Crate smoothly? It looks like you're running a full-ASUS build, so does it work better when you're not also running iCUE or Gigabyte RGBFusion or other apps?
This Gigabyte RGBFusion looks interesting. Would it work with an ASUS mboard?

Yes, I have had no issues with the combination in the screenshot. Recently replaced the Claymore II with an Azoth. I am not running any other fan or RGB apps because there is no need to.

I did. It was great that it installed all of the third party drivers for the motherboard.

I have run it for years. 0 issues. I am floored by all the negative comments.

Would GHelper work on an ASUS ROG motherboard, to install drivers downloaded from the ASUS website?
Looks like it is only for ASUS laptops. :(

https://github.com/seerge/g-helper

Small and lightweight Armoury Crate alternative for Asus laptops offering almost same functionality without extra bloat and unnecessary services. Works with all popular models, such as ROG Zephyrus G14, G15, G16, M16, Flow X13, Flow X16, Flow Z13, TUF Series, Strix / Scar Series, ProArt, VivoBook and many more!

I only use it because my PG32UQX requires it in order to change the mini-display at the bottom of the monitor to show temperatures I want to quickly see. That being said, I have had no issues with it.

I dumped that resource hog a while ago. My Asus motherboard does fine without it.

So if i use armoury crate to install all the drivers etc.

Can I uninstall the armoury crate after and all the drivers will remain intact, or does it also uninstall all the drivers that armoury crate installed for you?

Armory is a stockpile of fighting weapons, tools, etc. in English. So they're calling the product an arsenal of computer utilities.

Strix is just a made up name :).
Strix is a bird from classical era mythology. A bird of ill omen if that says anything

Just wondering. I have read here and there that Armoury Crate is buggy. What benefit does Armoury Crate give you? So far, I just download drivers from the ASUS website and then install them one at a time.
No, RGB control is the only reason anyone would need its' contents and that isn't worth the trouble. I shut off Armory Crate in the BIOS...

I still have the old Asus AI Suite and Aura installed on my PC, but I never really use them (background / start-up disabled to avoid the bloat).

I am interested in RGB control for my wife's PC though - she has an Asus motherboard, Arctic P12 fans, and Razer keyboard/mouse, which are all sort of doing their own things right now.

Sounds like OpernRGB or SignalRGB could be the solution here, so I'd love some guidance here please (perhaps this deserves its own thread...).

Back