Does anyone remember the name of this heatsink?

m3talc0re

n00b
Way way back when, I had the Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, the Abit NF7-S2 mobo, and a Thermalright heatsink I can't remember the name of for the life of me. I know it was popular at the time, but my Google-foo is failing me.. It looked like the Thermalright SLK-900u, but that one is solid copper. Mine had a copper core and base plate, but the fins were aluminum.

Close, but not it. Mine didn't have that open section in the middle.

Edit: Ah ha, I guess it could be the Rev.A model?

CPC211.JPG

idk, I just googled and looked at pics that fit your prescription!? you got a pic?

Whatever happened to Thermalright? They were THE HSF company back in the day, and Thermaltake was junk.

Whatever happened to Thermalright? They were THE HSF company back in the day, and Thermaltake was junk.
Thermalright is still here, it's just that with air coolers there is nothing much left to improve -they are as good as they can get, pretty much.

I'm 99.99999% sure it was the Thermalright ALX-800 Rev.A. Yeah, they're still around, but like Koween said, not much else they can really do with air coolers. On a side note, did anyone else know Abit went the way of the dodo?

Clicked just to see if this would be about Thermalright....those were the days =)

Clicked just to see if this would be about Thermalright....those were the days =)

Heatsinks were pretty much all crap back in the day before heatpipe coolers came out.

You had your choice of pure crap or slightly less crappy.

They were the days... On a side note, what the hell happened to Abit? I just found out yesterday that Abit died 0_o

Haha yes! I loved my thermalright sinks, still run with one now. I had pretty much the same setup as the OP. I had a similar copper/aluminum sink too. Mine had like a round copper core surrounded by aluminum. I didn't realize Abit had bit the dust, though I guess I haven't seen any products by them in years. Speaking of which, any used to run DFI LAN Party boards back in the day?

Haha yes! I loved my thermalright sinks, still run with one now. I had pretty much the same setup as the OP. I had a similar copper/aluminum sink too. Mine had like a round copper core surrounded by aluminum. I didn't realize Abit had bit the dust, though I guess I haven't seen any products by them in years. Speaking of which, any used to run DFI LAN Party boards back in the day?

My parents used to sell packaging materials to DFI on the east coast. I remember visiting their location once or twice when I was really young....too young to appreciate all the goodies they had there. I was sad when I heard they were no more...the Lan Party boards were pretty big back in the day.

Back