does anyone one the Razer Viper?

(7\)

Limp Gawd
http://www.razerzone.com/viper.html

i'm considering this mouse.. but i would be buying it blindly since no store near me carries it..

if anyone owns it.. can you comment on the good/bad ? i have larger size hands as well.. how big is the mouse?

(7\) said:
http://www.razerzone.com/viper.html

i'm considering this mouse.. but i would be buying it blindly since no store near me carries it..

if anyone owns it.. can you comment on the good/bad ? i have larger size hands as well.. how big is the mouse?
Don't, theres no extra buttons.
Logitech rules mice.
MX510 or mx700 or mx900

coffee33 said:
Don't, theres no extra buttons.
Logitech rules mice.
MX510 or mx700 or mx900

i own a mx700 and i'm not all that happy with it honestly.. doesnt feel right.. and i never use the side buttons on mice..

(7\) said:
i own a mx700 and i'm not all that happy with it honestly.. doesnt feel right.. and i never use the side buttons on mice..

if your hardcore gamer
get the MX510
best gaming i have EVER played with

sadly i haven't heard good things about that mouse. i have an old Boomslang 2000 so i know how well Razer can make stuff. oh well.

Jerry1978 said:
sadly i haven't heard good things about that mouse. i have an old Boomslang 2000 so i know how well Razer can make stuff. oh well.

most reviews i find via google seem semi positive.. i miss my old boomslang.. but I'm not going back to ball mice anytime soon :)

Jerry1978 said:
The company puts out sh!t products that fail only after a short time, anyone remember the sticking buttons? :mad:

[RIP]Zeus said:
if your hardcore gamer
get the MX510
best gaming i have EVER played with

problem is.. the MX510 is the same exact design as the mx700 i currently own and dislike..

is there any other gaming mice besides those 2?

I have a Viper, but have just replaced it with an MX300. I'm like you - I don't like all the extra buttons, so the Viper is ok in that regard. The main problem I have with it is that it's fairly small, and the rubber rails that run down the sides make it feel even smaller. That could be the way I hold my mouse - I treat scroll mice as two button mice, so my index and middle fingers operate the buttons and the other two fingers are on the right side. The Viper just never felt right. Also, it seems to have some difficulty with acceleration using a sUrface 1030 (either side). I could easily make it break tracking when practicing quick moves in UT2004, although I can't say that I ever really noticed a problem while in a game.

I tried the MX510 and thought it was too bulky, and the MX310 felt too much like the Viper. I finally came across an MX300, and it works perfectly for me. Feels just like the older Logitech mice, and it has the same optics as the MX310. That's fine - the MX510 tracking was overkill for me. Anyway, Newegg has them for $20, so I'm ordering a few more to have some spares when they discontinue them.

Jerry1978 said:

Same situatio for me...I loved my Boomslang 2000. It's on a backup machine now.

Back