does anyone know where i can find pics of the AMD heatpipe cooler?

Soymilk

[H]ard|Gawd
i heard theres a newer version thats better. anyone know where i can find pics of both the old version and the newer version, or post them if they have them? also, how long ago did they start shipping the newer version out? thanks :)

The heatpipe cooler only comes with X2 4200+ and above and dual core opterons. AFAIK, it's not shipping with all retail CPU's.

i know what they ship with, i just want to see what they look like. they also come w/ fx cpu's.

kirbyrj said:
The heatpipe cooler only comes with X2 4200+ and above and dual core opterons. AFAIK, it's not shipping with all retail CPU's.
According to some people there were 4400 X2's that shipped with the standard cooler. Seems AMD doesn't have it all together.
Also Dual core Opterons ship with the heatpipe cooler.

thanks a lot, that was exactly what i was looking for. wanted to be able to see the difference between the older/newer revisions :)

I have some pics of mine, lemme post 'em up so the lazy ones can get a visual.

DSC00597.sized.jpg

DSC00598.sized.jpg

DSC00599.sized.jpg

DSC00600.sized.jpg

Full Folding Ahead!

Soymilk said:
thanks a lot, that was exactly what i was looking for. wanted to be able to see the difference between the older/newer revisions :)

I could take some more pics of the topside of my cooler too, if you really want them...it looks similar to the older one but it has a 92 mm fan with an AMD hologram in the center.

The difference on the bottom, besides 4 heatpipes on the same side, is my newer one has a much thicker copper base than the older model pictured above.

Oh wow, they do have a new revision (I had heard half-assed comments about it, but diddn't realise one was actually around). And it does look a bit beefier to boot. Might have to see if I can snag one off someone who doesn't want it to replace this one in the event I need to use air cooling. :D I just posted up the pics since I see one of these posts at least once a month looking for the X2/FX/Opteron cooler, and since mine came with an X2 (a 4200+ actually) I figured it was the newest one.

*slaps self for not reading thread*

Full Folding Ahead!

yeah, when i build my comp im planning on getting oem processor (since im getting single core and obviously not a fx) and trying to get one of these new ones off of someone :)

geeze, i think intel needs to take some hints from AMD on this one. hell, these coolers are good to cool even overvolted venices at 2.7ghz, ask tsue.

FWIW, the one that came with my dual core looks like Tsue's and not like BBA's.

Back