Does anyone know a forum/discord with people that mod or repair video cards? Want to learn necromancy

nullpat

n00b
Have an old 980 ti that has sat in a drawer for years. It only cold boots. A complete shut down requires hours before the card will output video again. Thanks

really saved that first post eh?! theres a handful of threads here and tonnes on youtube. i dont use discord though.

Hahahah.... don't take this the wrong way, but if you really "Want to learn necromancy", I'd suggest you look elsewhere, 'cause we folks here are moar in tune with talking about living things like pc's/phones/other tech etc, you know, things that don't involve spirits and/or dead stuff, hehehehe :)

oh yeah neat, guess i must have been exclusively PM'ing people here heh. using search i can find people, RazorWind comes to mind, that post enjoyable to read troubleshooting journeys.

but before jumping into youtube and spamming random beginner videos, trying to see if anyone has already gathered any links or trusted channel names for a sensible start. might save me some hassle of unlearning

oh yeah neat, guess i must have been exclusively PM'ing people here heh. using search i can find people, RazorWind comes to mind, that post enjoyable to read troubleshooting journeys.

but before jumping into youtube and spamming random beginner videos, trying to see if anyone has already gathered any links or trusted channel names for a sensible start. might save me some hassle of unlearning
There are, but I don't remember where. I saw a thread on overclock.net awhile back about necromancy and a major discord for it but I'll be darned if I can remember what :(. Try searching there and you might turn it up!

Was it you that posted on my Youtube channel a few weeks ago about how you want me to set up a Discord server?

If so, this is the closest thing that's likely to happen to that. I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but... every time I try to use Discord, it's borderline unintelligible to me. Also, it just isn't the right format for sharing this kind of information anyway - fora are the obvious solution to that problem.

You can sometimes find good info here, too.
https://www.badcaps.net/forum/

You're not just going to learn "GPU Repair" (sidebar: It's graphics card repair - the GPU is the humongous silicon die and accompanying logic ICs, which you can't really repair). You need to learn, more generally, to understand electronics first, and then apply that knowledge to fixing broken devices, whatever they may be.

Back