Does anyone have opinions on Storm Sniper?

Icejon

PC Club Mkt Coordinator
I am in the market for a new mid tower and have been reading reviews on the CM Storm Sniper. I have owned some Cooler Master cases in the past and found them built decently but kind of plain and conservative. I need a case that I can take with me and support huge coolers like the V10 I plan on getting:D.

Does anyone own one on here like to comment on how it is working out for you? I also heard a rumor that CM Storm is going to come out with a new Antec 900 killer called Scout. Anyone know anything about this?

im running the sniper right now, i love the buldged side panels. They give you lots of room for wiring. The fan controller is great. The case has great cooling. .. And incase your wondering, im running the v10, it fits :)

I saw the Scout at CES, im excited about it. It should be coming out in may

im running the sniper right now, i love the buldged side panels. They give you lots of room for wiring. The fan controller is great. The case has great cooling. .. And incase your wondering, im running the v10, it fits :)

I saw the Scout at CES, im excited about it. It should be coming out in may

Thanks!, how is the quality of the mesh and are the filters in the right places? The HAF has no filters. Also how strong is the handle?

if it had a removable mobo tray i would have bought it. but i went with a cm stacker 830

i have the case i love it its big the knob on the top is nice to have if you want quick fan controller i have 6 case fans in it and it makes almost no noise (damn loud power supply) and the handle on the case is great i used it alot and havent had any problems with being scared of breaking.

How heavy is your system you estimate? 70LBs? How does the lower mount PSU take a larger size power supply anyway?

You could also get the Antec 1200 for roughly the same price, but the storm sniper is still an excellent case from what I have heard. I would, however, agree with others that the fan controller is ugly as hell.

I have and love this case - it does everything almost perfectly. It might be one of the most well-rounded cases I've ever worked with.

The handles are plenty strong and very convenient for carrying the case around. I'm not a "LAN gamer" type and still love those handles - it makes moving a bulky case very easy.

Ventilation is amazing. The idle temperatures on my i7 920 with stock heatsink and cooler at stock speeds are all 24-25C at regular room temperature. Yes, that's with the stock cooler, I haven't found time to switch in something beefier and OC yet. Peak temps with occt never cross 72C. The 200mm fans are key, and provide a great deal of air flow while keeping things relatively quiet.

The bulged side panels are a blessing - there's space to route cables in a way I normally do not enjoy with cases.

The front panel has everything you'd want - firewire, eSATA, 4x USB, etc.

The case comes with lots of blue lights for the suckers that are into such things, but they are tasteful for the suckers who want it looking good, and they ALL turn off with the press of a single button for people like me who think they are guady.

Working with cabling was fine - not the best I've been but definitely in the upper echelons. The drive cradles are okay (a bit cheap looking, but they work) although the 5.25" bay "snap buttons" are the most elegant solution for locking devices in these bays that I have worked with to date.

Overall this is a great case and it's been a while since I was last so impressed by a well-rounded product. I compared to the Antec 1200 and while I liked the 1200's number of internal 3.5" bays, the Sniper case has grown on me. Allegedly the Sniper case is essentially the same as the coolermaster HAF case, but with blue lights vs. red, and the HAF coming with a side panel 200mm fan that is optional on the Sniper.

The only con for me to date has been the side panels not snapping/sliding in as elegantly as some other cases I've worked with. It takes a minute to get them back on.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Do you run SLI in the sniper? How is the clearance for big GPU?

Back