Does anyone do this?

Tygerwoody

Gawd
I have a quick question. For the past 2 years i have been absolutely stoked about HL2 and Doom 3 to come out, along with other games. There are SOOO many good games out now, that i will not buy. Not because I'm low on money, but because i bought another MMORPG(everquest 2). Everytime i get a new MMORPG i completely don't even care about any other game. Halflife 2 is out, and i will not even buy it. I actually bought doom 3 a little bit before Everquest 2, and i wont even play Doom 3 at all. I have SOOOO many games on my computer that i normally, casually play all of them. Its like "i feel like playing a strategy game" *inserts Rome: Total War CD" I feel like playing a FPS *inserts UT 2004 CD* I feel like playing a spooky game *inserts Silent Hill 4 CD * . You got my point, i really am not in the mood at all when i buy a MMORPG. And you might say "its just because the game is new". No its not, I played Everquest 1 for 3 years, would not even touch any other games during that period. Lineage 2, same thing(only i didn't play that long) and the same with DAOC. Granted, i still am not a hardcore MMORPG'r that plays constantly or anything. I only play in freetime, but i refuse to play any of my other 100's of games i have. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else does the same thing.

I will find out when I get World of Warcraft. It'll save me a few quid if it stops me playing other games, that's for sure.

Back when it was popular I would play Myth: The Fallen Lords all the time and never touch any other game. When Myth 2: Soulblighter came out I bought it and wouldn't touch any other game. ahhh memories I love that game :( Damn you MicroPiss for buying Bungie and ending my fun and fu*king a awesome game up with Myth 3. :mad:

i cant tell you you how much money AC has saved me. now wow has basically taken over my life. im just thankful my GF is into it.

/me raises hand. I was fortunate to finish HL2 before WoW came out. Now, there's really not much point in me buying anything else.. I was excited by the prospect of BF2.. but now.. meh.. :rolleyes:

Believe it or not but when I play MMOs, I save money. The average game is say $50, and most gamers buy a new game every 2-3 months. I buy the MMO, and pay $15 a month, and that is the only game I play for say 6 months to a year, I actually save money.

I've never played a MMORPG on my pc ..but when I get into a particular game , I'm on that game until I'm done with it then play another . Its hard to get into a particular game for me if I game hop so to speak

I only play in freetime, but i refuse to play any of my other 100's of games i have

Yeah, I'm the same way. Was when playing FFXI, now when playing EQII. I at least try to play HL2 for 15 or so minutes, but usually get bored of trying to dodge gunship bullets that I quit and fire up EQII.

TBH, I'd rather work on crafting, quests or level with a fun group than play a FPS anyday. Its so much more immersive. I just have little to no desire to play other games when into an MMO...

And to think that some people play both EQII and WoW! That would tear me up inside :D

It's called being obsessive, and it's a hard coded personality trait, so it's no biggie. :D

I am not able to delve into the role playing thing and all that, but I do get obsessive about my FPS games. WHen I got Doom 3 I played only that for a month. (Hard setting). After that I played COD:UO single player and then multiplayer exclusively. Then I got HL2 and played that from Nov 16 to Nov 30 (just finished!). Now I'm ready to check out HLDM or something like that.

It's just your nature.

yeah, I know what you're saying.

I bought farcry/half life 2/doom3 and I always end up playing solitaire and beating off. What's that all about?:

Hmmm... no, I'm the opposite. I refuse to play MMORPGs and pay monthly fees, because I'm to busy buying and playing a variety of other games. I actually prefer single player RPGs. And on occasion I'll get totally sucked into one for a long time, but the thing about single player ones, is that they do in fact end after a while. So then I play another game.

I did this with CS. Since version .5somthing I played damn near nothing else for over a year.

Tygerwoody said:
I have a quick question. For the past 2 years i have been absolutely stoked about HL2 and Doom 3 to come out, along with other games. There are SOOO many good games out now, that i will not buy. Not because I'm low on money, but because i bought another MMORPG(everquest 2). Everytime i get a new MMORPG i completely don't even care about any other game. Halflife 2 is out, and i will not even buy it. I actually bought doom 3 a little bit before Everquest 2, and i wont even play Doom 3 at all. I have SOOOO many games on my computer that i normally, casually play all of them. Its like "i feel like playing a strategy game" *inserts Rome: Total War CD" I feel like playing a FPS *inserts UT 2004 CD* I feel like playing a spooky game *inserts Silent Hill 4 CD * . You got my point, i really am not in the mood at all when i buy a MMORPG. And you might say "its just because the game is new". No its not, I played Everquest 1 for 3 years, would not even touch any other games during that period. Lineage 2, same thing(only i didn't play that long) and the same with DAOC. Granted, i still am not a hardcore MMORPG'r that plays constantly or anything. I only play in freetime, but i refuse to play any of my other 100's of games i have. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else does the same thing.

Know exactly what you're talking about...

Bought Tribes:Vegeance (love the Tribes series) and downloaded the WOW beta...Tribes came in, never loaded it....to busy playing WOW...WOW's beta ended....loaded Tribes only because of the 7 day window between beta and release of WOW. Played Tribes for maybe a couple of hours.

I don't know what it was with WOW because, I'm not a MMO guy but, I'm totally into this game. I never got around to buying HL2...one because my money was set on WOW's CE version and two...tooo much bad press on the forums here. Kind of turned me off from HL2 but, I'll probably eventually get it.

MMORPG's are teh suck and always the same ole thing, get a life, or at least play something good ;)

Back