Does anybody know if P-Hole works with Linux 19

OK, I'm going to assume you mean Pi-Hole and Ubuntu, because your thread title and OP aren't very clear.

I haven't tried, but my guess is that Pi-Hole would be OK on 19.04, but really, there's no reason to try. That release will be out of support at the end of the year and you'll have to jump to another to get updates. Instead, stick with the Ubuntu LTS releases (18.04 being current) or consider Debian 10.1 stable. Both are good for ~5 years, IIRC.

Yea, I meant Pi-Hole, typo.

I don't understand where you're coming from. My question was will Pi-hole work with Linux 19, not what distro should I use. And no reason to try what ?? and why ?? :confused:

What is Linux 19? Debian latest version is at version 10, Red Hat newest is at 8, Fedora is at version 31, Amazon Linux is at version 2. The Linux Kernel is at 5.2.13. So we are guessing you mean Ubuntu.

So what he is suggesting is either stick with Ubuntu LTS (version 18.04) because it might not work with Ubuntu 19, if that is what you mean by Linux 19. If you are on Ubuntu 19 already, then give it a shot.

I use Debian, Red Hat, and Amazon Linux, so I don't know too much about Ubuntu.

You can run pi-hole on pretty much any distro. I have it running on two Ubuntu installs right now with Unbound and pivpn on one of the for my phone to filter through when I'm not at home.

I've also had it running on different Ubuntu based distros and Arch as well.

Back