does anybodies func 1030 still work

purple_haze

2[H]4U
i have had this mousepad for the past 6-7 years and this thing is still trucking.. its freaking beast, as i will never buy a mouse pad til this thing breaks down.. If you guys have one whats your input on there durability?

Had mines since 2000-2001 or so and it still works like new.

I got one earlier this year. One of the feet is kinda messed up and has gotten kinda unglued. Besides that, I love this thing and hasn't degraded at all.

Examine it closely and you will likely notice a severe degradation in the surface texturing of the pad. It will look like a mirror finish, much shinier and more reflective than the textured parts. Also, this causes the pad to feel sticky, it happens on all pads and I'm surprised you don't notice it after years using it. I notice it after a few months.

i've been using the same 1030 for at least 5 years now and i have no desire to replace it. this pad is the only component that i haven't replaced over the years, they're really built to last a long time.

Been 7 years. Mine's workin jus fine. Not sticky not showing much texture wear if at all really. Only major problem, the rubber thing shrank. Don't you jus have that! Anyway it was in storage 4 a few months and I think the heat got to it. So if it pops off it's a royal PITA to get back on. Only reason I need a new one unless Func could get me a replacement.

Yep, mine's still working. I think it's 6 or so years old now probably. I use it at the office now, but it's still in really good shape. Not a bad gear investment in retrospect.

Yeah, same here.. I've had it for a few years and it still works great. I actually have two of them.

Mine has been in use for 5-6 years, but the smooth side is virtually unusable due to it being worn down. While it still tracks, it takes too much effort to move the mouse over the worn areas.

These really don't have a very long life with heavy usage on the smooth side. I can't speak for the rough side as I just started using it.

The Func Archetype on the other hand seems to have much better durability as I can't see any worn spots after a couple of years.

Got mine in ~2000 when they first came out. The rubber base ended up getting stretched and warped due to heat from my hand after a couple years, bought a second one. Was definitely happy with them. Both are still usable. Have since moved on to cloth pads though.

I bought one in 1999 or 2000 (pretty much right when it came out). After cleaning it with a damp cloth every few months it's still a champion on the rough side. I almost can't believe how long it's lasted while still being just as good as it was when I first got it.

Back