Does any one here have 290 crossfire and plays BF4?

pk7677

n00b
What are your avg fps in battlefield 4 with 2 290s in crossfire mode? Please post your setting and your frames below. I have 2 290s and no matter what setting I pick from the game I can't hit 144 fps to utilize my monitors high refresh rate. Currently using 14.3 beta and I was expecting to high solid 200 fps with high and low settings @ 1920x1080 but I'm getting crappy performance. Some thing about 90~120 fps with 2 cards in bf4 multiplayer..

Edited: just watched this video, there is something seriously wrong with my graphic card because in ultra preset I'm only getting like 90 max fps while this guy who has the same card as me is getting 120fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ODdPlLHOI

Last edited:
I've had the same problem with poor performance with my dual 290's in crossfire. No matter what I did, performance was choppy in BF4. I'm still not sure what caused this but it could have been when I removed old video drivers and installed new ones. It might have even been when I used Glary Pro to clean out my registry. There are a number of other seemingly mundane things I do within Windows 7 Professional, none of which are out of the ordinary that could have caused this. I still have no clue.

Reinstall Windows .... install all your drivers, everything other than the video driver and make an image of the install. Then when this happens, boom, 10 mins and you're back to square one

The only solution and this is twice now, were complete OS reinstalls.

That's weird. I have two msi gaming r9 290 and i usually get around 130fps in 2560X1440 at ultra.

Are you using windows 8/8.1 ? Try unparking your cores if you're using windows 7.

What's your processor ?

That's weird. I have two msi gaming r9 290 and i usually get around 130fps in 2560X1440 at ultra.

Are you using windows 8/8.1 ? Try unparking your cores if you're using windows 7.

What's your processor ?

I'm on windows 8.1, did a reinstall of windows 7, wasn't working out so I did a reinstall of windows 8.1 again, Just last night I uninstalled 14.3 beta and went back to 14.2 beta and now I'm getting 100~120ish on Ultra, this is really weird. I unparked my cores and disabled ULPS, overclocked my cpu to 4.4ghz and gpu to core clock to 1000mhz I'm getting better fps than before however its still not the performance I'm looking for. My system spec below.

I5 4670k 4.4ghz
2x 290s with accelero extreme 3 @ 1000/1250
8gb 1600 ram
windows 8.1
120gb SSD
1000watt platinum EVGA PSU
G45 msi gaming mobo

maybe I need more ram? Idk im out of ideas on why my games performs so badly.

What are your avg fps in battlefield 4 with 2 290s in crossfire mode? Please post your setting and your frames below. I have 2 290s and no matter what setting I pick from the game I can't hit 144 fps to utilize my monitors high refresh rate. Currently using 14.3 beta and I was expecting to high solid 200 fps with high and low settings @ 1920x1080 but I'm getting crappy performance. Some thing about 90~120 fps with 2 cards in bf4 multiplayer..

Edited: just watched this video, there is something seriously wrong with my graphic card because in ultra preset I'm only getting like 90 max fps while this guy who has the same card as me is getting 120fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0ODdPlLHOI

You're probably CPU limited. Overclock your CPU and try using this program:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1364200/...-and-performance-boost-cpu-limited-users-only

I have a crossfire of r9 290 as well (but I don't play BF4) and a [email protected] still limits me in Crysis 3. :(

I have the same 290s you have in crossfire paired with a [email protected]. In BF4 I hover around 110-120 FPS with ultra settings on a 2560x1440@120Hz.
I think I agree with kache that your processor is holding those babies back. You should get a few more FPS by overclocking your CPU.

Back